cruising next month, new to NCL, questions.

tbtma

Hi guys, our first cruise with NCL is next month, we have cruised many times on other lines. Something that is just baffling to me is the need to book shows,dinners &excursions, weeks or e enough months in advance !!!We are cruising on the Gem, so not sure if this just applies to the " mega ships"but the idea that I'm supposed to know what I want to eat & at what time, so that I can possibly make a specific show time makes me think I've made a huge mistake in choosing NCL, or possible this is just the new way of cruising across all the lines....

any info or advice ?

Thanks !

Bonnie

All of the shows on The Gem are FREE.

You will receive a newsletter each evening in your cabin to tell you what events and shows are scheduled for the next day, what time and where.

You can make dinner reservations each day at the Reservation Desk in the lobby, if you wish. Minus one or two restaurants, you might not need reservations.

Enjoy your cruise. The Gem is a great ship with a wonderful staff.

Hi guys, our first cruise with NCL is next month, we have cruised many times on other lines. Something that is just baffling to me is the need to book shows,dinners &excursions, weeks or e enough months in advance !!!We are cruising on the Gem, so not sure if this just applies to the " mega ships"but the idea that I'm supposed to know what I want to eat & at what time, so that I can possibly make a specific show time makes me think I've made a huge mistake in choosing NCL, or possible this is just the new way of cruising across all the lines....

any info or advice ?

Thanks !

Bonnie

You don't have to book meals ahead it's only the specialty restaurants. Personally I like to book ahead because it makes it all feel more special. I don't think it applies to the gem at all though.

Hi guys, our first cruise with NCL is next month, we have cruised many times on other lines. Something that is just baffling to me is the need to book shows,dinners &excursions, weeks or e enough months in advance !!!We are cruising on the Gem, so not sure if this just applies to the " mega ships"but the idea that I'm supposed to know what I want to eat & at what time, so that I can possibly make a specific show time makes me think I've made a huge mistake in choosing NCL, or possible this is just the new way of cruising across all the lines.... any info or advice ?

If you want to dine at specialty restaurants, pre-book the times you want. Reservations open 90 days ahead of sailing, so at this point, pre-booking popular restaurants at prime dining times on your cruise may be sold out. NCL holds some space for on-board booking, so book as soon as you get on board.

any info or advice ?

Thanks !

Bonnie

Booking ahead of time for shows is only on the megaships.

Folks will tell you to book specialty dinners ahead of time but to us that defeats the entire freestlye. We never book specialty dinners until we've seen the daily schedule and we've always been able to get in. Maybe not the time we'd prefer, but that same night.