Man, Delta's customer service is useless!

gambit57

eroller: none of those situations seem to apply to my flight. I can't see why they kicked me out of my seats. Yes, the flight # (and thus the airplane) did change very early on. However, for at least a month now, it's been the same flight #. Plus, the plane was never even full. When I first picked seats, I was up near the front cuz the plane was about 3/4 empty. Even now, when they switched on me, it's still 1/3 empty. This is NOT an oversold flight. I see no reason they need to change seating assignments.

So far, the only explanation I can figure is an out of control computer and a company determined to annoy its paying customers and go out of business.

eroller: none of those situations seem to apply to my flight. I can't see why they kicked me out of my seats. Yes, the flight # (and thus the airplane) did change very early on. However, for at least a month now, it's been the same flight #. Plus, the plane was never even full. When I first picked seats, I was up near the front cuz the plane was about 3/4 empty. Even now, when they switched on me, it's still 1/3 empty. This is NOT an oversold flight. I see no reason they need to change seating assignments.

So far, the only explanation I can figure is an out of control computer and a company determined to annoy its paying customers and go out of business.

Actually sometimes the airplane type can change without a flight number change. AA has changed my flight to San Juan from a 757 to a 767 but the flight number remains the same. For a previous cruise, Delta changed a 767 to a MD-11 and the flight number stayed the same. Also, many times they'll have multiple models of the same type of aircraft which will have slightly different configuration of seats. AA, for example, has 2 different configurations of 757s, ones that have always been AA and ones that were TWAs to begin with.

yeah, it's amazing how far these posts can get down the list in a minute LOL

Actually Dan, I did it because I hadn't posted anything to this thread yet and I wanted to get emails about the thread as I'm flying Delta in a month.

I called them today, due to this thread and they have my seating assignments exactly as I had booked them. So, so far, I'm still happy, but time will tell.

At the top of the thread, there's something that says "Thread Tools". Click there and you can subscribe to the thread without posting to it.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Actually sometimes the airplane type can change without a flight number change. AA has changed my flight to San Juan from a 757 to a 767 but the flight number remains the same. For a previous cruise, Delta changed a 767 to a MD-11 and the flight number stayed the same. Also, many times they'll have multiple models of the same type of aircraft which will have slightly different configuration of seats. AA, for example, has 2 different configurations of 757s, ones that have always been AA and ones that were TWAs to begin with.

I concur that aircraft type and flight # can and do change independantly of one another. For CVG-LAX, our flight went from a 767-400, to a 767-300, to a 757-200, to a 737-800. Then, the flight number was changed, but it's still a 737-800. Also, the FNT-CVG leg has changed from a 50 seat CRJ to a 40 seat CRJ, which is fine since we still held onto row 3, which is the front row on the 40 seater.

• 2 weeks later...

I had mentioned earlier in this tread about having to fight for Sky Miles that Delta had shorted my wife and I. I did receive a letter stating that the Air Partner that we flew with wasn't on Delta's list. The letter mention that Air France was an Air Partner!?# Anyway...to make along story short I longed into the Delta's sight today and there was the missing Skymiles. Yes, customer service came through. It took 5 1/2 months but they did come through. Thanks Delta...it looks like I'll be doing somemore bookings with you. Here we come Barcelona. Tim and Cathy

Thanks for the info. I'll assume that was the reason even tho I don't recall the plane diagram for seat assignments looking any different.

Thanks for the info. I'll assume that was the reason even tho I don't recall the plane diagram for seat assignments looking any different.

Archived