Onboard Quest now!

critterchick

I think I can shed some light on that. The ship picked up a lot of drydock supplies while we were in Hon Kong and I'm that she wouldn't have been able to do that at Ocean Terminal.

Also, it wasn't a last minute change. Our touring mate told me that, as far back as June, one of our private tour operators knew that we would be at Kai Tek. But another passenger said he had seen "somewhere on the Azamara website" as of a month pre-cruise that we would be at Ocean. So I suspect that somebody may have forgotten to update that part of the website.

So, as far as "live from" threads go, this one sucked, didn't it?:p We are currently in Singapore, having landed safely on March 30. We have thoroughly enjoyed the last three days, having logged 12k, 17k and 14k steps, respectively, as we explore this fabulous city/state. I may get it together to post a review/travel diary one of these days.

The Azamazing Evening in Hong Kong was great - they held it in the terminal, which was a little sterile, but they pulled out all the stops for our Year of the Monkey extravaganza - we had opera, dragons, agility, gymnastics and more. Given that they only had a couple of weeks to pull it together, it was a terrific show.

All in all, I would have preferred the original itinerary without the last minute scramble to secure our hotel bookings. I would have preferred that they not have started the drydock work while we were onboard. I would have preferred to see HCMC instead of disembarking 3 days early. But I am loving Singapore, and wouldn't have had the opportunity to explore it in some depth (we've had a comprehensive private tour and gone to the Botanic Gardens and Zoo on our own) without the change. We made money on the deal with the generous compensation. We are looking forward to sailing on Quest in 2017.

Life is good.:D

Hello critterchick,

thank you for your positive 'glass is half full' overview.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2017!

Bonnie

Kai TAK is in Kowloon, and has a view across Kowloon Bay to Hong Kong island similar to the mooring by the Star Ferry terminal.

Taxis are cheap and honest, and Hong Kong Island and Tsim Sha Tsui are easily accessible from Kai Tak. It is not "remote".

Are you thinking about the old Kai Tak airport and Chep Lap Kok, the new one, forty minutes away on Lantau Island?

It wouldn't bother me whether we were moored at the Ocean Terminal or Harbour City.

Edited by Bollinge

Kai TAK is in Kowloon, and has a view across Kowloon Bay to Hong Kong island similar to the mooring by the Star Ferry terminal.

Taxis are cheap and honest, and Hong Kong Island and Tsim Sha Tsui are easily accessible from Kai Tak. It is not "remote".

Are you thinking about the old Kai Tak airport and Chep Lap Kok, the new one, forty minutes away on Lantau Island?

It wouldn't bother me whether we were moored at the Ocean Terminal or Harbour City.

From everything I was told, it was the old Kai Tak airport, but it was my first time there, so wasn't familiar with the area at the time I posted. It was 20 minutes or so by taxi to Ocean Terminal - not a hardship, but not right in the heart of things, either (Aamara offered a free shuttle, but it only ran every 40 minutes, so the cab was easier). It added a little expense and a little inconvenience, but wasn't a big deal at the end of the day. Having the two hours back on the second day made a big difference and I think Captain Jose for that. We were able to have a full day tour and enjoy the free wifi in the terminal along with the rooftop garden (as far as I could tell, there wasn't anything else do to there). In a few years, there will be shops, entertainment and apartments galore, all currently under construction.

We are currently high above the Pacific Ocean, winging our way home after four amazing days in Singapore. It was a great three weeks, but it's time to hang with the dogs now.:)