Best of Skagway Excursion

GMECruiser

Thoughts....

• http://www.princess.com/excursion/exDetails.page?tourCode=SGY-230
  • a great combo tour that the highlights of the port (White Pass (both sides of the Canyon), Liarsville (Salmon lunch, historic stories), Red Onion Saloon
  • an affordable price without air or marine expenses
  • I took an identical excursion with HAL and it was not a sellout. I was able to book it on the boat the night before. I assume you can choose this tour last minute. Love the tour.
  • need passport for bus and train transfers.

Other excursion ideas from another cruise line (all the cruise lines have similar tours)...

[YOUTUBE]cF1l3vfKWAM[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo

I have done the Best of Skagway through Princess. We enjoyed the day and felt it was a great way to see and do a variety of things. We loved the train ride and enjoyed the history of the Red Onion Saloon. DH liked the fish bake, I'm not a fish fan though. The trip to Liarsville was very touristy but panning for gold was fun even if it was planted. I would recommend this tour.

Has anyone ever booked the Best of Skagway excursion through Princess? Is it worth it? Please let me know your thoughts or any informatio/details you can give.

Thanks.

I have taken this shore excursion twice through Norwegian. Bus trip up the canyon to Frasier, BC, train back to Skagway, Salmon Bake lunch, Liarsville, gold panning, and red onion saloon.

Click my Skagway link in my signature line, and you will see my pictures from the Best of Skagway tour.

My DW and I took our honeymoon in 2007, and did this excursion. When we sailed with my parents in 2009 they wanted to go on this tour. So we did it again and had a great time.

I felt the low point was the red onion. The salmon was excellent both times, and the train ride was a lot of fun.

This tour is a great way to do a big cross section of what is offered in Skagway.