Getaway -No pre-booking comedy anymore?

DrNora

Hello:

I have been reading some reviews of Getaway. We have been 3 times on this ship and always booked the comedy show online or with the pre-concierge. Our June 2015 cruise was during the glitchiest of NCL.com times and we simply sent our requested times and dates to the pre concierge who confirmed them.

Just read that the you must reserve Headliners comedy once on board. Is this the case?

Been reading some nasty reviews. I have noticed that the most nasty contain false info, like saying that all the shows, many shows are an added cost when only the Illusionarium is. Oy vey!

Thanks in advance for your help

Nora

Hello:

Just read that the you must reserve Headliners comedy once on board. Is this the case?

I don't know for sure, but when my 90 day window opened a few weeks ago, there were no comedy shows listed. I have been checking back, but they aren't up. I assume I am going to have to book once on board.

Just off Getaway yesterday and I was not able to pre-book comedy shows but was able to book them while waiting in the terminal before boarding on the iConcierge app. I could have also booked them for the people in my stateroom who were disembarking from the week before, as their names showed up in the app at that point in time, along with our names! :eek: I ended up going to two of the shows I booked at Headliners. I suggest writing down the times you book on the app, because for the life of me I could not figure out how to see what I had booked via the app (I could see the times I booked if I used the TV in my room). At the beginning of the week there was a standby line but it appears everyone from the standby line got in (at one point - maybe at the CC Meet & Greet - the cruise director says they have never had a problem getting everyone in the standby line in to the show). By the end of the week they didn't bother with a standby line at all - they were letting everyone in the show right away and there were still empty seats when the show started.