Suites & Perks on Freedom of the Seas

I've been going round and round with various cruise options for our daughters' spring break next March and may have settled on the Freedom out of Tampa (6 nights). We're thinking of a Grand Suite or Owner's Suite and have several questions.

1. The photos on CC seem to suggest that the OS on the Freedom have been renovated, but the GS have not. Anyone know if that's the case?

2. The OS description says it sleeps up to 5. Obviously 2 in the bed, 2 on the pullout sofa, but where is the 5th? (My oldest daughter is never thrilled with the idea of sharing a sofa bed with her little sister.)

3. For the life of me, I can't find a recent picture of the Concierge Lounge that would be available to suite guests. Is it nice? Too crowded? Is it just suite guests now or a mix with Diamond and higher?

4. What are the best perks of a suite on the Freedom in your opinion?

5. Bottom line: would the Freedom be a fun ship for active/adventurous 11 and 13 year olds whose only prior cruise was Disney Fantasy?

Thanks for any help!

I've been going round and round with various cruise options for our daughters' spring break next March and may have settled on the Freedom out of Tampa (6 nights). We're thinking of a Grand Suite or Owner's Suite and have several questions.

1. The photos on CC seem to suggest that the OS on the Freedom have been renovated, but the GS have not. Anyone know if that's the case?

2. The OS description says it sleeps up to 5. Obviously 2 in the bed, 2 on the pullout sofa, but where is the 5th? (My oldest daughter is never thrilled with the idea of sharing a sofa bed with her little sister.)

3. For the life of me, I can't find a recent picture of the Concierge Lounge that would be available to suite guests. Is it nice? Too crowded? Is it just suite guests now or a mix with Diamond and higher?

4. What are the best perks of a suite on the Freedom in your opinion?

5. Bottom line: would the Freedom be a fun ship for active/adventurous 11 and 13 year olds whose only prior cruise was Disney Fantasy?

Thanks for any help!

Royal's Freedom does not sail from Tampa. Maybe you mean Ft. Lauderdale?

The Concierge Lounge is currently limited to Suite Guests and D+/Pinnacle C&A members.

Best perks for us would be access to the CL, reserved pool and theater seating, made to order breakfast in a specialty restaurant, and the ability to order off the MDR menu for room service.

Edited by clarea

You may want to think about what we have done and doing on sunday. Our girls are 12 & 14. So we get outside balcony/jr suite and they get inside cabin across the hall. It is probably cheaper thank doing the GS. Best of all they get their own room, you get your privacy. We did last year it was great, now doing sunday on freedom.

Nothing is worse than trying to share a room with two teenager girls. Nothing.

Brandon

You may want to think about what we have done and doing on sunday. Our girls are 12 & 14. So we get outside balcony/jr suite and they get inside cabin across the hall. It is probably cheaper thank doing the GS. Best of all they get their own room, you get your privacy. We did last year it was great, now doing sunday on freedom.

Nothing is worse than trying to share a room with two teenager girls. Nothing.

Brandon

How about sharing with 3 teenage girls?:eek:;)

Seriously, we shared our stateroom several times with our teenage daughter, and that was bad enough. Can't imagine more than the one.