Majesty dry dock dates

I know this has been asked, but I can't seem to find the answer. What are the dates that Majesty is planning to go in dry dock? Just trying to check my options if my June 16 Empress sailing is cancelled.

Dry dock is scheduled for May 2 to May 16.

Bob, where does the revitalization schedule live these days ? I used to know where to find it but with the new website, I cannot find it for the life of me ! I know you'll have the link.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't have the link. I've been keeping track of upcoming dry docks myself, when people report them here. This is from my notes and may not be accurate.

Jewel: Apr 3, 2016 to Apr 24, 2016.

Majesty: May 2, 2016 to May 16, 2016.

Adventure: Oct 16, 2016 to Nov 15, 2016.

Mariner: Mar 27, 2017.

Grandeur: May 2017.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have not seen it looks like the enhancements are being scaled back and they will be transferring the Majesty out of the Fleet in 2018 according to the RC Blogs, that won't let me link here.

It will not get free internet, the waterslide, restaurants, or the DreamWorks Experience too name a few.

Edited by jimsig

What is behind the reasoning of needing to know when a vessel is going into dry dock? Could it be you are all temporarily unemployed shipwrights, hopefully seeking employment? Or maybe its a train spotting type anorak pastime?

Merely an observation. No offence meant.

Maybe its part of the Who is the cruise director, Who is the Captain syndrome.

Who makes the best Gin and Tonic?

What is behind the reasoning of needing to know when a vessel is going into dry dock? Could it be you are all temporarily unemployed shipwrights, hopefully seeking employment? Or maybe its a train spotting type anorak pastime?

For me, if the dry dock was going to install major changes on the ship, I'd want to be sure I sailed well after the dry dock, to make sure it is finished and my cruise does not get cancelled.

The reason I asked was because I am on a June Empress sailing and still not positive that I will be able to go and looking for my back-up plan. Not sure that Majesty right after dry dock is any better option than I have now. Nothing more exciting than that!

The reason I asked was because I am on a June Empress sailing and still not positive that I will be able to go and looking for my back-up plan. Not sure that Majesty right after dry dock is any better option than I have now. Nothing more exciting than that!

If the big problem with Empress was indeed due to USPH issues, then Majesty is not likely to have those problems since she has been sailing continuously out of the US.

For the OP, it was so they would know if Majesty is an option for them if their cruise on Enchantment is cancelled.

For most other people, it is because they'd prefer to sail on a freshly revitalized ship with new features instead of one limping along just before going in to get fixed up.

Thanks for clarifying that point, makes sense.

It is the same reasoning behind the Who's the Captain, the Cruise Director or Concierges?

Do they go in regularly to have their bottoms scraped and barnacles removed, spruced up and have their pipework examined.

Some of the Cruise Directors seen Recently could do with a complete overhaul[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks for clarifying that point, makes sense.

It is the same reasoning behind the Who's the Captain, the Cruise Director or Concierges?

Do they go in regularly to have their bottoms scraped and barnacles removed, spruced up and have their pipework examined.

Some of the Cruise Directors seen Recently could do with a complete overhaul[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Some Cruise Directors add to the experience, others are just there.