‘But Who’s Running Canada?!’ - Freedom of the Seas March 13 2016 Review

Thanks for your wonderful post!! I did not snack while reading as I am trying to get bathing suit ready!!;)

Heading on Freedom May 8 first with Royal and first with our three kids(6,9,12)!

We are driving down[emoji15] from Niagara,Ont as we had initially planed to do Universal but our sad $ and worried about cramming too much fun in (and making for grumpy parents and kids) opted to do two beach days prior!

29 days and counting!!!

This great review was fun to read. We love Disney World and Disneyland, but just can't justify paying twice as much for DCL compared to RCI.

Going back a few pages, I want to second the recommendation for Red Stripe beach in Jamaica. We had a great time there last year. It is short bus ride from the port. The life guard dug up the sand for our kids and they loved playing there and in the water all day. Also, they don't allow venders to roam up and down the beach there.

Thanks for your wonderful post!! I did not snack while reading as I am trying to get bathing suit ready!!;)

Heading on Freedom May 8 first with Royal and first with our three kids(6,9,12)!

We are driving down[emoji15] from Niagara,Ont as we had initially planed to do Universal but our sad $ and worried about cramming too much fun in (and making for grumpy parents and kids) opted to do two beach days prior!

29 days and counting!!!

Safe travels! Maybe it will even stop snowing by then, sheesh.

This great review was fun to read. We love Disney World and Disneyland, but just can't justify paying twice as much for DCL compared to RCI.

Going back a few pages, I want to second the recommendation for Red Stripe beach in Jamaica. We had a great time there last year. It is short bus ride from the port. The life guard dug up the sand for our kids and they loved playing there and in the water all day. Also, they don't allow venders to roam up and down the beach there.

Great, thanks! I've also been looking at the Royalton White Sands. Lots of time to decide yet!

Interesting reading for sure....my question is who was the Activity Manager on board? John Perry should have been the Cruise Director and many times the Activity Manager does the Morning Show along with the Cruise Director.

I'm terrible about paying attention to stuff like this, I don't cruise enough to really care or notice, sorry, no clue!

Cathi,

Another Canadian here and reall enjoyed your review.

A question for you, if you were planning a week resort vacation would you choose el cozumeleno or Melia beach resort?

And when I google I am not sure I am finding the right Melia, could you give me a link to the right one.

Thanks.

Lynne

Cathi,

Another Canadian here and reall enjoyed your review.

A question for you, if you were planning a week resort vacation would you choose el cozumeleno or Melia beach resort?

And when I google I am not sure I am finding the right Melia, could you give me a link to the right one.

Thanks.

Lynne

Thanks Lynne!

Good question. If I were planning a full week I would go with the Melia; from what I saw it was just a little nicer and had more options/nicer beach front. The Cozumeleno wins for snorkeling, but the beach entry is very rocky and the beachfront isn't as nice as the Melia. I also highly doubt they could beat the awesome food at the Melia, and the resort itself looked nicer/better kept. Finally, there looked to be more activities at the Melia as far as pools, water sports etc. But that being said I did not see room accommodations in either.

The Melia website is Melia dot com - you should see a photo of the resort, painted in yellow and blue, with lots of thatched huts (Melia Cozumel Beach Resort). It's MASSIVE!

• 2 months later...

We woke up to a slightly overcast morning that cleared up quickly; we grabbed breakfast sandwiches and bolted them down and were off the ship with no wait at all at 9am.

Thanks for your awesome review!!!

Where did you get the breakfast sandwiches?

Thanks!

Hey there! Thanks!

We made our own; my daughter had a BLT on toast and I had a ham & cheese English muffin. We pillaged various sections for bits of lettuce, tomato etc, and the hot meats were part of the buffet. Worked out great!

Thank you for the great review!

You had me laughing out loud enough that my BF kept asking me what I was doing. Your mother/daugther trip sound like my mother/son trips. My DS12 is my favourite travel companion (don't tell my BF that or my sister or my mom). We always have a great time. He is also an only child (unless one counts our dog which my son calls his brother-no, the dog doesn't cruise). And he has been spoiled by quite a few special trips. Spoiled in a good way.

We are looking at the Oasis for March break which is actually a February break for us and a full 11 days this time:)

The mom planning part has already begun!

"Indulged" sums it up brilliantly! Can I "borrow" it?:)

The Oasis planning is on but first there is the Adventure of the seas this summer and another full week off school in early November to plan for. And then there is work. Of course.