Moscato

Rockjock64

We had the same Castello del Poggio on the Conquest in Feb. I have only found it in one liquor store about 20 mins from my house. It is my new favorite Moscato. The steakhouse had it half price on bottle in steakhouse. I paid about $22 that night and took small balance of bottle back to cabin to drink on our balcony. I pay $ 10.99 for same bottle here.

Yes, Castello is my absolute favorite wine...Moscato or otherwise.

If you want to try it before you buy on board- go eat at Olive Garden. Castello is the Moscato they serve there.

Looked for Castello in our local Walmart this evening and they dont carry it. Will try Kroger next.

Yes, Castello is my absolute favorite wine...Moscato or otherwise.

If you want to try it before you buy on board- go eat at Olive Garden. Castello is the Moscato they serve there.

Olive Garden is where I first tasted Poggio Moscato. I enjoyed it so much I've been buying that brand since.

Edited by eedee

• 3 weeks later...

In November, we ate in the Steak House the first night and they offered 2. The waiter recommended the most expensive one at $44 before the 50% discount. It was delicious. The bottle looks like the Castello. I lost the paper with the name. It was so good, we bought a second bottle at $22 for another night in the dining room. No additional corkage fee.

So can you tell me if you bring on a bottle of wine do you just put in carry on and do they let you take to room and how do they charge you is it just a cork fee .

You bring it in your carryon and take it right to your room. If you bring the bottle to the dining room to drink they charge you a corkage fee. If you drink it in your room or bring a glass with you to the dining room there's no fee. Bring your own corkscrew to make things easier :)

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

You can also buy Castello Del Poggio in store and bring with you in carry on. It is twist top so no corkage fee. I have brought wine several times and have never been charged a corkage fee. I also bring wine opener.

It's not that your bottle had a screw top that saved you money. Many have reported not being charged a corkage fee.

They call it a corkage fee, but it has nothing to do with whether there is an actual cork involved. But, "a fee for bringing your own wine to the dining room" didn't fare well with focus groups.

Is it possible to get the Castello in the Steakhouse? Thinking about making a reservation there one night

They offer a free bottle of wine on the first and 2nd night i believe (a white and red) or 50% off any other bottle of wine. You should definitely be able to get it there.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk