Pullmantur Monarch Transatlantic 9/17/2016 Spain to Panama

dccruisin

When I was researching this trip months ago I looked at ways of getting from Colon to Panama City and there were local operaters who could do a transfer with some sightseeing included . I'm sure we could get together a small group if necessary. Joan

Oh, I forgot to mention I am a solo traveller too. Been to 177 countries in my 70 years and wandering about Panama City on my own would not phase me. Have to be really careful tho!! I was there in 1976 for a few days on my way back from Sanatiago, Chile to New York by bus, took 6 months. Joan

When I was researching this trip months ago I looked at ways of getting from Colon to Panama City and there were local operaters who could do a transfer with some sightseeing included . I'm sure we could get together a small group if necessary. Joan

\

Hi

Hopefully all will work out. I am booking this week. I guess closer to the cruise I can find some suggestions from others on the ship.

I was disappointed after searching many sites this week to find out that the first canal excursion after we port in Panama is not offered until the 7th and I really do not want to stay that long.

I think I am going to stay over one night in Panama and fly back to the US on Copa. I don't want the 2AM flight from Spirit and then have to deal with finding somewhere to stay in FT Lauderdale before continuing on home to South Carolina.

Looking foward to meeting everyone on the ship.

Have a good weekend all

pat

murrells inlet, SC

OK I bit the bullet and booked Bilbao to Aruba - traveling solo so I hope to meet up with friendly, chatty dinner companions for the Monarch's early (?!) dinner service...anyone?

Deb from Vancouver, Canada

OK I bit the bullet and booked Bilbao to Aruba - traveling solo so I hope to meet up with friendly, chatty dinner companions for the Monarch's early (?!) dinner service...anyone?

Deb from Vancouver, Canada

Hi Deb

I will join you for the early dinner but I don't get on board until Lisbon.

Joan

My husband and I are traveling European countries first, and then we will board the ship in Lisbon. We are a retired couple living in Panama now. Early dinner seating, also.

Hi All

Finally booked from Bilboa. I am flying American and Iberia will be staying one night in Santurce (hopefully it is near the port) and then staying one night in Panama city before coming home. I am flying Copa to Ft.Lauderdale and then Spirit back to South Carolina.

I have requested early dining so hopefully some of us solo travelers will be seated together.

Looking forward to a great cruise and meeting new friends.

have a good evening

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Thanks, for the help on smoking policy. I will keep an eye out for folks going on the May through September monarch cruises to see what they have to say.

I know that the concept of cheap airfare is different for everyone but for me the splurge to business class (with a lie flat seat) is one I value since it lets me be up and running when I arrive across the pond. I don't remember the cruise critic policy about posting things like this but I got a Lufthansa business class one way from Tampa to Frankfurt and then on to Bilbao for $2500. I used an online flight aggregator called alpha guru.

The one way coach flight from Panama City to Tampa on Copa was $283.

Also, I second the request for more info about the all-inclusive drink service. Is it only at meals? Only at meals in the main dining room?

Does anybody know if other packages are offered (for a fee, of course) that allow one to get soft drinks and or drinks at other times?

Thanks,

I have been on the Horizon and Monarch. Both allowed smoking only on one side of the ship in outdoor areas.

OK thanks about smoking same as most ships then is it sheltered I wonder? Going on monarchTuesday for a visit and lunch

Yes there are sheltered areas. There is one bar I like at night.. Has coffee and espresso...Has doors to the area by the life boats on both sides of the ship. Covered and tables and chairs outside. Nice area.

Hello Everyone,

Just booked this cruise Bilbao to Colon. Still finalizing before and after plans but probably do a couple days each. Probably flying Norwegian into Madrid then catching the bus to Bilbao. Then looking at the early morning Spirit flight out of Panama.

This will be my 4th straight year of doing a west bound Tranatlantic but first on Pullmantur. Traveling solo and opted for the early dinner. I'm 46 and traveling from Arizona. My spanish is almost non existant but for price and drinks included, I couldn't pass it up.

Would be interested in any hotel suggestions in Bilbao and Panama City. Also any tours that are being put together either before or after and for ports.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chris

Hi

Does anyone know if there are 110 outlets in the cabins?

Also is anyone planning to stay over the night before in the Santurce area that is flying into Bilboa that wants to share a cab?

This trip is going to be a challenge flying four different airlines with different baggage rules.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Hello Everyone,

Just booked this cruise Bilbao to Colon. Still finalizing before and after plans but probably do a couple days each. Probably flying Norwegian into Madrid then catching the bus to Bilbao. Then looking at the early morning Spirit flight out of Panama.

This will be my 4th straight year of doing a west bound Tranatlantic but first on Pullmantur. Traveling solo and opted for the early dinner. I'm 46 and traveling from Arizona. My spanish is almost non existant but for price and drinks included, I couldn't pass it up.

Would be interested in any hotel suggestions in Bilbao and Panama City. Also any tours that are being put together either before or after and for ports.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chris

Hi

Since you have done the westbound transatlantics before what is the usual weather in the middle of the atlantic, Warm, cool, cold?

I suffer from overpacking and on this adventure I am trying to cut back and save all those extra luggage fees nevermind the pain of lugging it all around. Any insight as to the possible weather would be appreciated.

I have searched and found a Pullmantur website that lists the shore excursions they offer pretty slim but at least they offer a debarcation tour to the canal on onward to Panama City.

Have a good week

pat

murrells inlet,SC

I have had good weather on all of my crossings but they were also about a month later in the season. Two out of Barcelona comfortable the entire time. One out of Southampton cold and rainy first two days but nice after that. Of course we had a couple of passing showers but nothing that lasted.

Chris

Hi

Thanks for the information. That cuts down my packing list by a jacket and a heavy sweater.

Hope to meet everyone once on the ship.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Hi

Does anyone know if there are 110 outlets in the cabins?

Also is anyone planning to stay over the night before in the Santurce area that is flying into Bilboa that wants to share a cab?

This trip is going to be a challenge flying four different airlines with different baggage rules.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Pretty sure there will be 110 outlets. Most cruise ships I have been on have both, 110 and 220. It's an ex Royal Caribbean ship. Joan

Hi

I got an e-mail from my travel agent. I had asked him if he could put in a request for me to be seated at a large table with English speakers.

He said it should happen, so hopefully I will meet some of you at dinner.

Last year on Costa that was the request and it took three nights to finally get a table where people were not yelling to each other in languages I could not begin to understand. (the maiter'd) was one of the worse that I have ever encountered.

Hopefully more people will show up on this forum in the next few weeks.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend.

pat

murrells inlet, sc