Which is closer?

texancruzer

We will be on Antigua end of Nov. (Serenade of the Seas) and have an SUV rental arranged through Hertz.

We can pick it up at Jolly Harbor Resort -OR- Royal Antiguan Resort.

(Opted not to pickup at airport) It looks like Royal Antiguan is closer.

but........which is faster and cheaper to get to from dock ?

Thanks for any input on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there:

My partner and I are on the same cruise you guys are and we are also interested in renting a car in Antigua. Do you know do we have to pay for a temporary Antiguan driver's license? And do you mind letting me know how much Hertz car rentals cost? Did you just call a Hertz 800 number to make arrangements? Thanks for any info you can share

Dale

Dale, First of all - you oughta come over to our Meet & Mingle roll call thread. There are 66 of us signed up for a party on the 28th ( refreshments provided by RCI) and it appears we have an interesting group..... check it out. Now for your questions... YES $20.00 for drivers license (you have to show them your US license - figured it would make a good souvenier). On Antigua we have a Suzuki Grand Vitara hard top 3 door premium 4 wheel drive auto/air for $51.00 for the day. Unltd. miles but return with same amount of gas as you got it or they charge you big $$. Yes I called the Hertz 800 INTERNATIONAL TELEPHONE NUMBER and they were very nice. We have a Hertz rented for San Juan (we are going 3 days early for pre-cruise stay) and also on St. Maarten. We like to "do our own thing" and only take cruise excursions if we determine it would be too much hassle to get around on our own. Will take RCI tour on St. Lucia and private taxi reserved on Barbados.

Let me know if you have any other questions - and come on over to our thread....C

Archived