Royals Red Stripe BEach

waterbugohio

Can anyone tell me if the Red Stripe BEach excursion sells out on Royal Caribbean???

We are thinking we would prefer to do the beach with a ship excursion on Jamaica. But we all have OBC to use and if we book ahead, then we have to pay ahead.

If we wait and book onboard with our OBC, do we risk it being sold out???

any help??

What ship, and do you know if there are two ships in port that day? Either way, I suspect you'll be fine waiting to book onboard.

We were there in Feb 2014 on the Independence of the Seas, and the Allure of the Seas also came in shortly after us. Red Stripe was never crowded in the time we spent there.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

Can anyone tell me if the Red Stripe BEach excursion sells out on Royal Caribbean???

We are thinking we would prefer to do the beach with a ship excursion on Jamaica. But we all have OBC to use and if we book ahead, then we have to pay ahead.

If we wait and book onboard with our OBC, do we risk it being sold out???

any help??

I was there about a week and a half ago and I waited to book till I got on board so I could also use my OBCs.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked Red Stripe in the Falmouth port at a kiosk. I thought it would be cheaper to book the beach after I got off the boat, but the kiosk is the same price, same bus, etc. They even use your room key to pay for it, so you don't even need cash.

We were there in the summer and one employee at the kiosk said we would have to wait an hour to get on the bus, while another one said that we could get on right away. It was popular because it is conveniently located 10 minutes away. Buses run back and forth to the port, so it's super easy to get back whenever you want.

I don't think you can hire a taxi to take you there because the beach is behind a huge fence. As the bus approaches, an employee opens the gate for the bus. I didn't see any vehicles other than the buses.

There were two boats in port the day I went to Red Stripe and it was not crowded. It sold out for a few weeks and went off of the RC site as not available..... I kept checking and it became available two weeks before we left. I jumped and bought it as the price was right. Glad I did! It has gorgeous blue water, a dj playing music, and nice white sand. I think it is perfect for adults and small children. Very relaxing, pretty, and easy transportation. Lunch of jerked chicken was awesome and workers friendly and accommodating. Only negatives: Our teenage boys were bored after a few hours b/c there was limited area to go into the water and no rentals. There was volleyball but too hot to play. I should have taken my frisbee or water ball! I wish they rented stand up paddle boards for older kids. Overall,I had a lovely relaxing day!

There were two boats in port the day I went to Red Stripe and it was not crowded. It sold out for a few weeks and went off of the RC site as not available..... I kept checking and it became available two weeks before we left. I jumped and bought it as the price was right. Glad I did! It has gorgeous blue water, a dj playing music, and nice white sand. I think it is perfect for adults and small children. Very relaxing, pretty, and easy transportation. Lunch of jerked chicken was awesome and workers friendly and accommodating. Only negatives: Our teenage boys were bored after a few hours b/c there was limited area to go into the water and no rentals. There was volleyball but too hot to play. I should have taken my frisbee or water ball! I wish they rented stand up paddle boards for older kids. Overall,I had a lovely relaxing day!

We are considering this as a beach day option (we have young kids).. but I keep reading reviews about 'gross marshy land' you have to pass by.. and garbage everywhere? Is this true?

Thoughts? Is it worth paying $90 (2 adults, 2 kids) to go to the beach for the day? Or should we just stay on the ship and play- and maybe check out the port (within the bubble)? We will have already been to the beaches at Cayman and Cozumel. thanks! (tough decisions here ;))