Disembarking and reboarding

I'm confused. On the NCL website, we will be arriving in Nassau at 12pm and departing at 7pm. Off to the side it says that disembarkation occurs 2 hours after arrival and we must board the ship 2 hours before departure. Does this mean we will only have 3 hours to do anything in Nassau? I was thinking about purchasing a day pass at the Hilton but doesn't seem worth it for only 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In Nassau you should be able to get off once ship clears customs and should be back on 30 minutes before departure. Not sure what the side note means those aren't the times embarkation and disembarkation from port cruise starts and ends from?

The usual all aboard time for passengers in a port is 30 minutes before departure, but do check that time in the Freestyle Daily and at the gangway before you disembark. (Personally, I aim to be back on board well before that.)

As for the disembarkation time, the ship has to be cleared by the local authorities. It doesn't usually take 2 hours, especially in the Bahamas.

I'm confused. On the NCL website, we will be arriving in Nassau at 12pm and departing at 7pm. Off to the side it says that disembarkation occurs 2 hours after arrival and we must board the ship 2 hours before departure. Does this mean we will only have 3 hours to do anything in Nassau? I was thinking about purchasing a day pass at the Hilton but doesn't seem worth it for only 3 hours.

That stipulation refers only to embarkation day and disembarkation day. It does not apply to your ports of call. This language has been the source of ongoing confusion for years. I don't know why NCL hasn't clarified it. As others have pointed out, you'll be able to disembark in your ports of call soon after arrival and your Freestyle Dailys will let you know when you're expected to return to the ship (typically, 30 minutes before departure is recommended).

The 2 HOUR refers to the point of embarkation. Say for instance, that your cruise begins in New York City. You are required to be on board 2 hours prior to the posted departure time.

When you are in ports of call like Nassau, you can leave the ships as soon as the local officials "clear" the ship. Might be minutes from your scheduled arrival time. All Aboard is usually 30 minutes prior to your schedule departure time.

Times of arrival and departure for ports of call will be published in the Freestyle Daily which will be in your cabin each evening listed the next day's activities and times.