I'm sure this has been answered before, but I can't find a recent answer

Susan in Maine

If I bring a bottle of wine in my carry-on luggage (only doing carry-on) when boarding the Victory - what's going to happen to my wine? Will I get to drink it? BTW - I'm over 21 - WAYYYYYY over 21.

Are you my sister? Hehehehe...

I would hope so. What is the point of bringing it if you can't drink it? I think something is missing in your question.

By the way, we are going by carry on only too.

You can drink it in your stateroom with no issue. If you'd like to consume it in the dining room you'll be charged a corkage fee of $10 in the main dining room, $14 in specialty restaurants.

You can only take 1 bottle per adult (2 per stateroom) and they must be carried on, which it sounds like you're doing. :D Enjoy your cruise! We loved the Victory!

You can drink it in your stateroom with no issue. If you'd like to consume it in the dining room you'll be charged a corkage fee of $10 in the main dining room, $14 in specialty restaurants.

You can only take 1 bottle per adult (2 per stateroom) and they must be carried on, which it sounds like you're doing. :D Enjoy your cruise! We loved the Victory!

It's not 2 per stateroom, it's 1 per person over 21. We've been 3 and 4 in a cabin and each one had a bottle.

On nights we want wine with dinner we fill two glasses in our cabin and take it to dinner and no corkage fee.

Are you my sister? Hehehehe...

I would hope so. What is the point of bringing it if you can't drink it? I think something is missing in your question.

By the way, we are going by carry on only too.

I think it's just a fill in question. She posts every few years since 2001 and only posted 79 times.!!

According to the link above, the corkage fee is $15 in any restaurant or MDR:

A $15 USD corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar

Opinion: With that being said, I have an issue with the corkage fee. In the past, the staff has chilled the bottle (using an ice bucket at tableside), opened and poured for us. They even kept the excess wine overnight and served it chilled at the next meal. I can agree with the corkage fee in that case. I personally disagree with paying a corkage fee for a bottle that I carry to the MDR, open, and pour myself.

Edited by The4Cruisers

According to the link above, the corkage fee is $15 in any restaurant or MDR:

A $15 USD corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in a main dining room, steakhouse or bar

Opinion: With that being said, I have an issue with the corkage fee. In the past, the staff has chilled the bottle (using an ice bucket at tableside), opened and poured for us. They even kept the excess wine overnight and served it chilled at the next meal. I can agree with the corkage fee in that case. I personally disagree with paying a corkage fee for a bottle that I carry to the MDR, open, and pour myself.

In the DR they would open it for you and supply and wash glasses etc. This is why we bring wine in glasses to DR when we want some.