The Rock Boat VI

dmbfan20042004

hadn't seen that one, but just got notice of a DMB & Friends weekend cruise on RCCL -- it is the weekend of February 3rd. 3 day to bahamas. I noticed your screen name when I was looking for anyone else thinking about the DMB cruise -- it isn't cheap for 3 days, but it would be a blast........you can book 10/24 if you are a warehouse member. just FYI. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

From what I understand, the DMB festival actualy takes place at the destination of the cruise. The Rock Boat is a floating music festival (the first one) which is non-stop concerts and jam sessions for days. I am a Rock Boater, so I am a little partial! The Rock Boat is heaven for live music fans!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Could someone please provide a link for this cruise? I've performed a google search, but can't seem to find it. Also, anyone know if there will be another one later? Thanks :)

Sure....

Erm...well, I guess by the guidelines I can't. Just do a search for The Rock Boat. It'll come right up.

You should totally check it out. I've heard there will be another one. Each time the artists change (although there are several that have been on more than one rock boat).

This year includes: Sister Hazel, Better Than Ezra, Pat Green, Pat McGee Band, Marc Broussard, Glen Phillips, Shawn Mullins, Michael Tolcher, Martin Sexton, Gaelic Storm, Josh Kelley, David Ryan Harris, Aslyn, Carbon Leaf, Blue Merle, Dexter Freebish, Virginia Coalition, Matt Wertz, Mat Kearney, Adam Richman, Wideawake, Dave Barnes, Getaway Car, Danielia Cotton, evenout, Five Star Iris, Stef Dorfman, Francisco Vidal, Scott Munns, John Hopkins, Zac Brown, Jackson Rohm and Florez. There have been a couple of late additions as well, but I don't remember who.

I can't wait...it's going to be great!

Sure....

Erm...well, I guess by the guidelines I can't. Just do a search for The Rock Boat. It'll come right up.

You should totally check it out. I've heard there will be another one. Each time the artists change (although there are several that have been on more than one rock boat).

This year includes: Sister Hazel, Better Than Ezra, Pat Green, Pat McGee Band, Marc Broussard, Glen Phillips, Shawn Mullins, Michael Tolcher, Martin Sexton, Gaelic Storm, Josh Kelley, David Ryan Harris, Aslyn, Carbon Leaf, Blue Merle, Dexter Freebish, Virginia Coalition, Matt Wertz, Mat Kearney, Adam Richman, Wideawake, Dave Barnes, Getaway Car, Danielia Cotton, evenout, Five Star Iris, Stef Dorfman, Francisco Vidal, Scott Munns, John Hopkins, Zac Brown, Jackson Rohm and Florez. There have been a couple of late additions as well, but I don't remember who.

I can't wait...it's going to be great!

Thanks :) I was able to see your link, before it disappeared. ;) I couldn't get back on here last night to post though. It seems that we're back to the days of the boards being too busy at times. Anyway, I did go to the site & sign up for the newsletter. I see we're too late for this year's cruise, but will definitely be interested in the next one. I do have a question though. The huge Rock & Roll, & music (in general) fan in our house is our DS(13). He will be 14 next month. Are these cruises too mature in nature for him? He has requested that we plan a "concert" road trip for our summer vacation this year. I have no idea where to start, but I'm going to give it a shot. :o A cruise like this sure would be easier to plan. :D

I know there are going to be at least several teenagers (and younger) on board. People have been chatting on the boards to make sure their yougins have friends to hang with and such.

The next one is slated for Jan 07...there's not much info on it yet, but yesterday they just posted the forum for it. :D

Hopefully I'll see you next year!

I know there are going to be at least several teenagers (and younger) on board. People have been chatting on the boards to make sure their yougins have friends to hang with and such.

The next one is slated for Jan 07...there's not much info on it yet, but yesterday they just posted the forum for it. :D

Hopefully I'll see you next year!

Thanks for all your input. You've been very helpful. Odds are you'll see us on the ship next year. :D I wish I would have found the info. for this one earlier. BTW, where is the forum on the Jan. 07 cruise? Thanks again :)

Thanks for all your input. You've been very helpful. Odds are you'll see us on the ship next year. :D I wish I would have found the info. for this one earlier. BTW, where is the forum on the Jan. 07 cruise? Thanks again :)

No problem. I'd heard about the cruise too late myself last year and was quite excited when I was able to join up this year.

The forum for next year's cruise is on the website I pointed to you earlier. There is a message board (if you're on the main page, the link to the board is at the bottom left). There's not much there. Just basically a placeholder for now. But hey...it's something.

One day! EEE! I'll probably post a review when I get back...it's going to be an amazing time.

• 4 weeks later...

Brenda,

I performed a Google search for Rock Boat VII, but couldn't find it again. :o I've cleared my cookies & no longer have the info. I previously signed up for the newsletter, but I don't want to have to wait for it. :D Since they won't allow you to post the site, could you give me some key words to search Google for? Also, how many younger teens (i.e. 14yr. olds) were on Rock Boat VI? Thanks :)

Brenda,

I performed a Google search for Rock Boat VII, but couldn't find it again. :o I've cleared my cookies & no longer have the info....Since they won't allow you to post the site, could you give me some key words to search Google for? Also, how many younger teens (i.e. 14yr. olds) were on Rock Boat VI? Thanks :)

Sure! Just type in "the rock boat" into google and it'll be the very first entry. There isn't much info available yet, the public sale doesn't happen until 2/27.

So, it sets sail MLK Weekend 2007, departing Thursday, January 11, from Port Everglades FL (Ft. Lauderdale) going to Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos

The bands listed so far are: Sister Hazel, Aslyn, Cowboy Mouth, Gaelic Storm, Sam Thacker, Wideawake and the Zac Brown Band

There weren't many kids under 10 years old (maybe 5 or 6?), and then from the ages of like 12-16, there were probably 15 or 20. Not a lot. I'd say the majority of people were between the ages of 20 and 40.

If you have any other questions, just let me know! Hope to see you on The Rock Boat! :D

Archived