Men: shorts for dinner

Dmgmd50

Just no jorts (jean shorts)

? There is no policy against jeans shorts. Basically, in the MDRs there is no policy at all beyond no swimwear and you must have something on your feet. They request no tank tops, but don't enforce that in any way.

Just no jorts (jean shorts)

? There is no policy against jeans shorts. Basically' date=' in the MDRs there is no policy at all beyond no swimwear and you must have something on your feet. They request no tank tops, but don't enforce that in any way.[/quote']

moki'smommy is absolutely correct.

Shorts or any kind are allowed, even short shorts.

The dumbing down of the dress code policy is partly due to Guests that were ignorant of the policy (through their own fault) and those that chose to disobey the policy and complain loudly in public spaces causing a disturbance to other Guests, and then DCL's failure to enforce their policy, just so those that wished to not abide would have a happy warm fuzzy feeling about their interaction aboard.

So basically DCL gave up and allowed a whatever you like policy, but still call it "cruise casual", when it should be called "wear whatever you wish, we've given up so wear what the hell you want, so you stop complaining about baggage fees and you didn't know it was on the website or your T.A never told you, and you NEVER would have booked the cruise if you had known, along with I'm uncomfortable wearing proper attire on vacation, I paid a lot for this cruise, and if someone else doesn't like what I'm wearing, screw them, they should mind their own business, I've got 6 kids and you expect me to get them all to change for dinner".

It was also backed up by the placid yet non conforming "I don't even notice what others are wearing because I'm so happy I'm on a Disney cruise and I'm concentrated on my immediate family" folks.

I think that sums up why you are wrong kenref1. Shorts of ANY kind are allowed.

Adult only restaurants such as Palo and Remy have held strong so far though.

They will enforce their dress code, and 18+ only, but for how much longer though?

ex techie

Adult only restaurants such as Palo and Remy have held strong so far though.

They will enforce their dress code, and 18+ only, but for how much longer though?

ex techie

Hate to tell you, but I've seen exceptions made there too. On at least one occasion, one of the "stars" of the Disney Channel and her entourage were put in the private dining room at Palo. OK, they were out of the way and didn't disturb anyone. I guess there wasn't enough room in the dining room of her suite.

On the Fantasy, one of the entertainers appeared with her family wearing an outfit consisting of white sparkly short shorts and a matching top...with a significant amount of her anatomy hanging out of the top and bottom...and was seated. It was a nice outfit, and she had the body to wear it if anyone did, but it did not conform to the Palo dress code.

I think that sums up why you are wrong kenref1. Shorts of ANY kind are allowed.

ex techie

The jorts comment was made to a friend of mine that is on this site. I've been on a Disney Alaska cruise and I saw shorts in the dinning room. It was a joke. I'm glad that Disney is relaxed on the dress code.

Hate to tell you' date=' but I've seen exceptions made there too. On at least one occasion, one of the "stars" of the Disney Channel and her entourage were put in the private dining room at Palo. OK, they were out of the way and didn't disturb anyone. I guess there wasn't enough room in the dining room of her suite.

On the Fantasy, one of the entertainers appeared with her family wearing an outfit consisting of white sparkly short shorts and a matching top...with a significant amount of her anatomy hanging out of the top and bottom...and was seated. It was a nice outfit, and she had the body to wear it if anyone did, but it did not conform to the Palo dress code.[/quote']

Now that you mention it, I remember the "star" being allowed in underage :(

As for the CM wearing inappropriate clothing, the Maitre'd should be disciplined for allowing that and turning a blind eye. CM's should not be flouting the rules!

ex techie

The jorts comment was made to a friend of mine that is on this site. I've been on a Disney Alaska cruise and I saw shorts in the dinning room. It was a joke. I'm glad that Disney is relaxed on the dress code.

Hard to know when you did not mention anyone.

ex techie

Now that you mention it, I remember the "star" being allowed in underage :(

As for the CM wearing inappropriate clothing, the Maitre'd should be disciplined for allowing that and turning a blind eye. CM's should not be flouting the rules!

ex techie

Yeah, my daughter saw the smoke coming out of my ears and warned me to not say a word. I admit that the young lady looked .....well, suffice it to say that I never looked like that in my best days. But it was clearly not in keeping with the dress code.

Too funny! I don't think I would even think to pack shorts on an Alaska cruise- let alone where them to dinner.

The dumbing down of the dress code policy is partly due to guests that were ignorant of the policy (through their own fault) and those that chose to disobey the policy and complain loudly in public spaces causing a disturbance to other guests, and then dcl's failure to enforce their policy, just so those that wished to not abide would have a happy warm fuzzy feeling about their interaction aboard.

So basically dcl gave up and allowed a whatever you like policy, but still call it "cruise casual", when it should be called "wear whatever you wish, we've given up so wear what the hell you want, so you stop complaining about baggage fees and you didn't know it was on the website or your t.a never told you, and you never would have booked the cruise if you had known, along with i'm uncomfortable wearing proper attire on vacation, i paid a lot for this cruise, and if someone else doesn't like what i'm wearing, screw them, they should mind their own business, i've got 6 kids and you expect me to get them all to change for dinner".

It was also backed up by the placid yet non conforming "i don't even notice what others are wearing because i'm so happy i'm on a disney cruise and i'm concentrated on my immediate family" folks.

Ex techie

rofl

:d:d:d

Edited by Host Mick