Cancellation Policy

lanabanana

I have a group that I booked well over a year ago, before NCL changed the Cancellation Policy. They also subsequently changed the final payment policy.

Our final payment is due this weekend, but every reservation now says it is in the cancellation period, and a fee would be made.

NCL is becoming known for changing horses in mid stream. Changing the rules and conditions and making it retroactive. So it is always best to ask, and not assume that you have until the final payment to get back your entire deposit.

then just by pass the thread. I gave my input based on my experience to the OP.

Hopefully it was appropriate and useful information to them.

People, like you, who constantly look for trouble where there is none are less than useful.

There was nothing in my post that said being in the cancellation period as shown by the booking engine caused me or my clients any grief or trouble, as no one was cancelling, just making their final payments.

So if there was any "noise" in this thread, it came from you, some one who time and time again proves themselves to be a troll and less than useful.

You said NCL changed the rules & made them retroactive. Demonyte asked you if you checked with NCL as the website has been known to have glitches. Personally, I think Demonyte is one of the most helpful people on this site - giving accurate answers to most questions or showing direction as to where people can find answers themselves.

my subsequent response was in answer to where I saw it.

Your accusation of calling my information "noise" was nothing short of "flaming" I assumed you were looking for a fight, and I wanted to comply.

My intent was to provide the OP with information based on my experience. But the bottom line is only one response was the one that needed to be offered, and that was the one that said they should call NCL to confirm. Any other information, while useful information, would not be the answer that only NCL could give. My information was meant to let them know that there are variables, such as booking date, and subsequent rebookings could effect the policy, or policies as was noted.

You may well be one of the most helpful individuals on here, but I ask that you go back and re-evaluate why you took the tone you did with my response. I was not grinding an axe or anything like that. But for some reason you found the need to call my response "noise" implying that my information was less than useful to the OP and not worthy of being in the forum.

I ask that you ask yourself what caused you to react as you did. I already said I reacted in response to having my response labeled as noise.

This conversation is done....no need to hi-jack the thread

I have a group that I booked well over a year ago, before NCL changed the Cancellation Policy. They also subsequently changed the final payment policy.

Our final payment is due this weekend, but every reservation now says it is in the cancellation period, and a fee would be made.

NCL is becoming known for changing horses in mid stream. Changing the rules and conditions and making it retroactive. So it is always best to ask, and not assume that you have until the final payment to get back your entire deposit.

The last change was made to put the final payment dates in line with the cancellation dates. As you well know if you book groups or anyone for that matter, before this change was made you could be before final payment but already in a cancellation fee period, especially if you booked suites. Sort of like you are now.....:D

But it only applies to Early Saver fares.

which, based on the complaints on the carnival threads, seem like about 70% of the bookings. but yes, it does apply to early saver and i believe easy saver rates. in either case, it does not apply to ncl prior to final payment date.