How soon do you start packing?

Herby

Packing makes it "real". I get the suitcase out about a month before but don't actually start packing until about 10 days before our cruise. Just wondering what others do.

i pack the night before so that my clothes dont have a chance to get too wrinkled. Also- i am only packing for one person so if it is yourself, plus a husband (or wife) and/or children then i would start several days before to make sure that i do not forget anything for that many people it is trickier. LOL

My packing list is on the notepad in my phone. Easy access to it wherever. We're in a condo with only one good place to pack......the dining room table. I was happy to find out the height really saved my back compared to a bed. I leave staples in my suitcases, but then I have to double check anyway. Chargers for Kindle and phone, shampoo and conditioner, etc. Today I'm paying final for our June 11 Oasis, bringing us one step closer. Bringing me, actually. DH doesn't really care so much, he cruises to make me happy. And it does!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As we have gotten older we seem to pack earlier and earlier.

Sometimes a two or more weeks before the cruise.

Keith

That's so funny because it's just the opposite for me. I used to start getting things out several weeks in advance and now it keeps getting later and later. We're leaving a week from Wednesday and tomorrow I will start getting a few things out, but I really won't start packing anything until next weekend.

The day before we leave.

Which also forces me to finally iron the clothes we wore from the last cruise a few days before that.

Ironing is the thing I procrastinate on the most. Perhaps I am allergic to irons?

:eek: :p

Pat, I agree...luckily, though my night time dresses don't wrinkle, and I'm going solo b2b again! I will iron my shorts. I leave next Saturday afternoon....I'll probably pack Friday morning, then get mani/pedi, check in for flight and enjoy a dinner out with John Friday night. I'll only be home a week before we (John, too!) leave for our transatlantic cruise. That's the one I dread packing for......ironing all his shirts, pants, shorts, ugh!! I'll pack Sunday, drive him to work Monday, get mani/pedi, load car(with son's help), pick him up from work and go straight to airport! He will be a nervous wreck.......glad I won't be around him all that day! He chills out after we get on the plane. Going on Brilliance again, and getting another block!(maybe, I read your block story.:()

I pack two months before. Try everything on with accessories and shoes. Try to eliminate anything that doesn't fit in with the general vibe of my other outfits and may necessitate another separate pair of shoes or bag. I get a real buzz doing this and already imagine myself enjoying the cruise ahead. I then check everything fits in the case, I only allow it to be two thirds full to allow for souvenirs on the way back, and all my toiletries and other bits and bobs. Then the clothes are hung in my wardrobe separate from my other clothes , so I remember what I wanted to wear and don't forget anything

I start mentally packing way ahead of time--months! Our cruise is a week from today. About two weeks ago, I sorted out the clothes I'm taking and they are now hanging in their own section of the closet. I've also been putting things as I think of them in a suitcase. Normally, I would pack everything except the outfits a couple of days before and put the clothes in the night before. In addition to cruise packing, we also packing to leave the condo the past 3 winters. So we are packing for 3 separate reasons: things to store here in Florida, cruise items and stuff that goes home. Plenty of packing to do!!! By the way, I don't mind ironing, especially if it means I'm getting ready for a cruise.