Chairs by kids pool and water park on Escape?

tallnthensome

Can someone tell me if there are chairs in the kids water park area? Are they close or are the nearest chairs for parents a deck up or far away? We want to keep an eye on our little ones but don't want to stand all day. Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

Can someone tell me if there are chairs in the kids water park area? Are they close or are the nearest chairs for parents a deck up or far away? We want to keep an eye on our little ones but don't want to stand all day. Any info would be helpful! Thanks!
I would think there should be. There were on Getaway. Be aware though it's hard to keep an eye on the kids pool which is in the center. There were a few chairs (but not the deck loungers) along the walkway. But if you want to keep an eye on your kids in the pool you can just pretty much sit on a ledge very close to the pool.

I plan to sit there like a hawk if my kids are in the kids pool. Not because they can't swim, but because there are usually lots of kids in there jostling for space.

There are a few only on one side since the other side is the pool, but since my kids are still small (there were some big kids taking over sometimes) I sat around edge of the play area to watch them close. Some pics...

top view

310.jpg

You can see the loungers here, not many and always taken.

693.jpg

694.jpg

There were places to sit all around the edge like this...

692.jpg

690.jpg

Great pics CamaCama. Thanks for posting these, we embark on Saturday!

The kids pool here appears much bigger than the one on Getaway. Very nice. I will sit on any of those brown ledges surrounding it if the kids are in the pool.

I also like this water park a lot better than the Getaway one. The one on Getaway had this very short 3 foot slide that kids were always pushing each other on. Kids sat at the top, kids tried to climb up the wrong way. Disastrous. I think Norwegian does a poor job of not watching this area. I know they don't want lifeguards because of liability, but too many parents just dump their kids and leave or nap or otherwise don't pay attention.

There was this round island looking thing with a palm tree on it. My son climbed up onto it. There was another boy there who apparently said it was "his" island and pushed my son off. Wow, did he hear it from me. I told him that he should be pushing other kids and asked him where his parents were. He didn't say anything so I kept asking, and finally the drunk dad wanders over and yells at me for talking to his kid. Ugh.

Thanks for the pics! Too bad there isn't more chairs. I'd like to be in the sun as close to the pool as possible. I wonder what the rules are for moving chairs towards the kids pool but yet be out of the way and unobstructive?

Thanks for the pics! Too bad there isn't more chairs. I'd like to be in the sun as close to the pool as possible. I wonder what the rules are for moving chairs towards the kids pool but yet be out of the way and unobstructive?

Depends on what kind of chairs you are talking about. If it's the normal, upright, kitchen table type chair.... if you can find one and can find space for it against that wall, then sure, I don't see why not.

But if Escape is like Getaway, I don't think you'd be able to fit one of those reclining lounge chairs. There's way too much traffic there and the path isn't that wide.

It won't fit anywhere around there, it's very tight around the pool area, the towel station is right opposite the water park and the marketplace (t-shirt sales, walkway to main pool, etc) is right opposite the kids pool. Sitting on the edge of the kids pool while they are in there is the only way to watch them. There is also a little shallow section against the wall for little ones to play in who don't want to swim.

Great pics CamaCama. Thanks for posting these, we embark on Saturday!

Have a great time!! I made sure to take pics of that when I was on because I had the same questions... ended up being fine sitting around the edges and taking turns watching them.