Grand Thoughts

ahracer

Just off the Grand today and figured I'd post some random thoughts.

The Grand is nice and for a large ship laid out very well. However the Island is still my favorite ship.

One thing the Grand did better than the Island was PC dining. It was a disaster on the Island but worked great on the Grand. We ate at various times and never had to wait more than a few minutes for a table for two.

Embarkation was fast and efficient. Debarkation the same. We were sitting at our gate at the airport at 8:45am.

The piano player was excellent. He needs a bigger lounge to play in. He had the Promenade Bar overflowing each night.

The comedians were ok at best. Didn't see any of the other shows.

Captain Andy was everywhere around the ship and his daily departure announcements were enertaining. It was nice to have a captain that you could understand what they were saying and you 've got to like a guy who calls himself Capt. Andy.

We had a nice party with the Cruisecritic people onboard. In attendance were the Capt., Cruise director, Passengers Service director and Asst. Pursor. Princess really went out of the way in my opinion by sending all of these officers and a huge cake.

I saw Jeans and Shorts in the dining room even on Formal night. icon_rolleyes.gif Most men were in suits not that many tuxes. I saw a few people that considered jeans, t-shirt and ball cap Smart Casual.

Other interesting observations

A man so drunk at dinner his wife had to feed him!!!

The couple going at it in the aft hot tub at 9:00pm without a care who was nearby or that you could hear them on the other side of the deck.... Anyone going to Skywalkers early would have had a great show!

The Grand handles the crowds well but I really can't imagine another 500 people.

Can't wait to book the next Princess cruise.

Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> We had a nice party with the Cruisecritic people onboard. In attendance were the Capt., Cruise director, Passengers Service director and Asst. Pursor. Princess really went out of the way in my opinion by sending all of these officers and a huge cake.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, we were lucky to get a bartender to show up for our 11/03 CC party.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The piano player was excellent. He needs a bigger lounge to play in. He had the Promenade Bar overflowing each night.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was it Burt? He sucks them in every time.

Thanks

Steve

Golden 2/04

Grand 11/03

The three most exciting sounds in the world: Anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles....George Bailey

Hi Scott!

We too just returned from Grand. I'll be doing a full review soon. The Cruise Critic parties were all great, our two informal get togethers and especially the one that Karen arranged and the ship sponsored was very nice!

We enjoyed meeting everyone. Our Grand Suite was wonderful, we used the jacuzzi on the balcony several times.

Captain Andy Proctor was a real treat!

Sue

SueClark

Grand Princess - Western Caribbean - April 25, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;4;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04

Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05

Archived