Captain's Cocktail Party Question

texas greeneyes

I believe it was 2 hours when we were on the Conquest . . . don't be afraid to get as many drinks as you want. Some people were looking around wondering how to get a drink. There will be waitresses walking around with pre-made drinks and I thought it was easier to just get one of those.

I believe it was 2 hours when we were on the Conquest . . . don't be afraid to get as many drinks as you want. Some people were looking around wondering how to get a drink. There will be waitresses walking around with pre-made drinks and I thought it was easier to just get one of those.

You can also belly up to the bar and get YOUR favorite beverage free too! Chivas is better than a whiskey sour made with House liquor.

I like sitting at the bar with my frineds Jack and Jim. They're fun.

Great choice of drinking buddies, mine as stated is Chivas and DW likes Miami Vice and lots of it!!! I drink really fast when its free and always get one to go for dinner.

Can't ever forget the one for later.

Did I hear someone say 20sumpin' days til Miami Vice?

I believe that was me and it is 27 days and a wake-up til MIAMI VICE and Jose, Jack, Jim, Chivas and all the rest of the party animals. DW also likes Screaming Orgasm's....Smile!

Are we talking about a beverage here? ;) If so, what's in it?

Screaming O

11.gif

1 oz vodka

1 1/2 oz Bailey's® Irish cream

1/2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

12.gif

Pour first vodka, then Bailey's, then Kahlua into a cocktail glass over crushed ice. Stir.

Caution: use only high quality vodka. Cheap vodka can cause the Bailey's to curdle. Test your brand of vodka by mixing 1 Tsp each of vodka and Bailey's first

Champagne is always served at the captain's cocktail party. We always tip when we get our first drinks, and they have been so good about keeping the drinks coming. I just love it when they approach us with a tray full of champagne and I'm the only one at the table that wants it! ;) Several times they've just given me all the champagne on their tray and headed back to the bar to get the drinks everyone else just ordered. :D

Screaming O

11.gif

1 oz vodka

1 1/2 oz Bailey's® Irish cream

1/2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

12.gif

Pour first vodka, then Bailey's, then Kahlua into a cocktail glass over crushed ice. Stir.

Caution: use only high quality vodka. Cheap vodka can cause the Bailey's to curdle. Test your brand of vodka by mixing 1 Tsp each of vodka and Bailey's first

Wow...I love Kahlua® and one of my six sisters who will be on the cruise with me loves Bailey's® so I guess we'll have to try them Screaming Orgasms!

Gotcha...no cheap vodka! Care to share the brand you favor?

But seriously, "can you" go to both cocktail parties? Surely it's frowned upon!

I don't think we'd try, because hubby will be in his uniform and might get recognized as having been at both. Heh.

But it would be interesting.

Anybody ever seriously done that?

But seriously, "can you" go to both cocktail parties? Surely it's frowned upon!

I don't think we'd try, because hubby will be in his uniform and might get recognized as having been at both. Heh.

But it would be interesting.

Anybody ever seriously done that?

While DH and I have never gone to both cocktail parties (always try to make dinner on Formal night, so that interferes :) ) we have gone to both "Happy Hours" on more than one occasion. Our fave was in 2003 on the Fantasy - two nights they had a Wing Ding Happy Hour before each dinner - Free Buffalo Wings and half price beer. The first night we went to our Happy Hour and then to dinner. The second time they did it, we went to both and skipped dinner! I didn't feel quilty in the least! ;)

When we were on the Celebration in April, they only had one Cocktail party, between the dining times. I assumed it was due to the smaller ship, not to prevent "double dipping".

Archived