Wine question

nicole2380

I did a search but I am only seeing old policies posted from 2012 or older.
I know you can bring wine on board one bottle per person over 21 years of age.
My question is do you have to check the bottle with the main dinning room or can you keep the bottle in your room?

[quote name='nicole2380']I did a search but I am only seeing old policies posted from 2012 or older.
I know you can bring wine on board one bottle per person over 21 years of age.
My question is do you have to check the bottle with the main dinning room or can you keep the bottle in your room?[/quote]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Blue]Is it actually one bottle? I've read other threads where they say two.

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='babygrljaz']No you don't need to check it in dining room. If you consume it in the dining room or any public areas there is a $15 corkage fee but if you keep it in your room there is no charge.[/quote]

I think it is only the dining room or other wait-staffed eateries (Steakhouse, Cucina).
They would not be able to charge, or to be more accurate, 'keep track' if one was to drink it in the Lido buffet or any other public space.

Here's their policy:
Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation
[LIST]
[*]Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.
[*]A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.
[*]Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception:
[*]
[LIST]
[*]At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.
[*]A $15 USD corkage fee (a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine served that was not bought on the premises), per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, steakhouse or bar.
[/LIST]
[*]All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of the exceptions referenced above are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.
[/LIST]
Bottled Water
We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on their own supply of bottled water so as part of this policy we have significantly reduced the pricing for (purified) bottled water which will be conveniently delivered directly to your stateroom. Once onboard, the purchase is non-refundable; guests may take home any unopened bottles.
Pricing is as follows:

[LIST]
[*]$3.99 USD for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for pre-cruise purchase. Please visit [URL="http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-room-beverages/water"]The Fun Shops[/URL] at [URL]http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-room-beverages/water[/URL] to place your order before your cruise to ensure we have an ample supply onboard.
[*]$3.99 USD (plus gratuity) for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for purchase onboard by contacting Room Service.
[/LIST] Edited by hirent