Breakaway - Peaceful areas

What "secret" areas have you found peace on a full Breakaway ship? I've read the waterfront is a good area to read or play games with the family. How about lounging spots (away from the pool?)

deck 18 foward sundeck and the vibe on deck 17

Also in the evening the uptown bar & grill

Edited by Orleanscruiser

A decent pair of noise-isolating or noise-cancelling headset, over-the-ear cup styles worked best to tune out the frequencies - weather/outdoor conditions permitting ... head for deck 8's waterfront, outside LeCucina - oversized sofa-lounge chair. Bring a windbreaker & an insulated coffee thermo (hot or cold beverage) - pickup some cookies and/or diced fruits for snacks along the way. Loungers/oversized sofa next to Uptown Grill - equally good area, steps away from food & DIY beverage station.

Lastly, except that there are no chairs or loungers - deck 7 outside, where the life boats assembly/boarding areas are - hardly anyone out there, it's quiet: just pick your own favorite spot (frontal is less windy & more sheltered) - if you don't mind sitting on a padded inflatable cushion (bring your own) & you can lean back against the steel backwall. Optional - bring your own folding beach chairs ??

Quiet place and place to play games with the family aren't necessarily the same. My experience was on the Getaway, but hopefully still helpful.

1. Buffet - we ate late one day and continued our morning playing games on the outdoor seating area of the buffet

2. The game room, we played a quiet game of scramble, but there were some noisy siblings playing another game. Their antics were fun and fine, teasing and such. However the noise level dropped significantly when Dad came to take them away.

3. Waterfront - personally took naps out there, easily my favorite place on the ship. I had several Audiobooks and that was my place to stretch out and relax.

Given 24hr operations almost anywhere is quiet at some point of the day. The Atrium can be relaxing at 3am, same for seating near MDRs or deck 8 specialties.

If you have a balcony that also works. If your kids are in their club the cabin offers tremendous possibilities. ;):rolleyes::p

Edited by Nola26