Final payment already made - can we get OBC promo?

wezie

Lucky-

Didn't you change your cruise recently because of Jersey Week?

Anyway, I called NCL and they simply applied the OBC to my suite booking. They did not release my cabin , I did not rebook. Not sailing until September. Before I had hung up the phone I had my new amenity confirmation which added the 300 dollar OBC.

The rep,will check that price has not changed for your suite .if it hasn't gone up you will be golden! All you lose is one of the 4 dinners.

It can't hurt to make the call.

Nora

yes to jersey

ty for the suggestion to call. took 20 minutes and she DID have to cancel and rebook. she said was chance i would lose the room. however my own daily study showed no one bought any of these rooms in over 30 days. she did come back after on hold to tell me of the 1 dinner deduction.

now the one question i see no one asked is can this be used for your gratuity :) i wouldnt do it because i'm sure i will load up on tshirts and ship models or something with my 150 credit :)

For extra tips (for example to room steward, butler and concierge) yes, for daily service charges no.

If & when we had OBC with NCL - DW always make good use of duty-free shopping - cosmetics for herself (tax-free) & cigarettes as gifts (NY prices are crazy - not endorse smoking, but :rolleyes:)

Congrats to those who manage to get the OBC deals & keeping other bundles, etc. - get it in writings or at least print out all the included perks for the sailing.

(Side comment - it's an indication to me; that, quite possibly, the booking #'s aren't as good as "they" hoped for, approaching end of month/quarterly results coming & they need to fill the unsold inventory - without saying prices are really dropping. Still, a win-win for those who do the homework - other mass lines are doing the same too. )

OBC from the cruise line is usually split between passengers 1 and 2 (rarely only for passenger 1, never for 3rd and up).

I was able to add it to my reservation yesterday. The agent indicated that unless you split charging in the cabin it doesn't matter. I will confirm once onboard, but that's what I have as NCL word.

I may allow nephew to spend up to $25 if passenger #3 charging is allowed toward OBC. But honestly if we spend more than the OBC during the cruise it's a moot point.

I was able to add it to my reservation yesterday. The agent indicated that unless you split charging in the cabin it doesn't matter. I will confirm once onboard, but that's what I have as NCL word.

Of course, if those passengers share an onboard account, both parts of OBC will be deposited there.

I may allow nephew to spend up to $25 if passenger #3 charging is allowed toward OBC. But honestly if we spend more than the OBC during the cruise it's a moot point.

If you are sharing an account, it does not matter - all charges are equal and it does not matter where the credits come from and who spends what.

Yep. I've done the update today with my PCC. They cancelled and rebooked our 2bdrm Haven cabin. Lost 1 day SDP (now 3 instead of 4) but gained $300 OBC that was split as $150pp for the first 2 people in the cabin. The exchange rate had also changed so I saved a little more on that too. But my final payment date for our August sailing did change from May to April as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

i was able to get $ 300 credit as well on my Haven Penthouse Room-- I am still within the cancellation period and told my PCC that i was concerned about possibly loosing the cabin as H5 is sold out on my cruise.. She too was concerned about cancel & rebook and releasing the cabin to the general population. So she put me on hold and spoke to her supervisor.. She came back in about 5 mins and said that they did not cancel & rebook but rather the supervisor just added the $ 300 OBC to the existing reservation.. She also told me about loosing the 1 meal as the SDP has changed.. Then i had the revised confirmation with the credit in my email.. I did this all while siting in traffic on the cross bronx expressway this afternoon-- my best ride back from New Jersey yet !!