Can 2nd leg of RT flight not be used?

rinshin

Hi all - I hope you can answer some questions. We are booked on Golden Princess going from NYC to Venice in May 06. When we booked this trip, our friends who will be cruising with us checked the flight from SFO to NYC and from Rome to SFO and came up with something over $3000. Since I did not have an access to computer easily at the time of booking, we decided to go with the air with Princess air deviation. The flight cost is $897 with Princess. Princess told us that we would know our flight information somewhere between 60-30 days before our trip and at that time we can either decide to go with the chosen flights by Princess or propose our own. We knew that we had to do air deviation since we will be staying in Italy 1 week post cruise and flying out of Rome to SFO.

Well, after reading these boards, 60-30 days may be too late for getting flights of our choice. After trying different methods (ie multiple cities, RT, and single flights) of getting cost analysis, I found the cheapest and best flights (least no of stops and schedule of our choice) as follows:

SFO - JFK (one way ticket) at the cost of $169

Rome - SFO (Round trip) at the cost of $700.

Any problem with not using the return leg or the 2nd leg of Rome to SFO? One way ticket from Rome - SFO is something like $1400.

Thank you so much.

Although airlines frown upon this, it's do-able on a 2nd leg. (Don't skip a 1st leg; your ticket will be cancelled w/o refund.) If you made a habit of it with the same airline on the same route, you'd eventually be red-flagged. Things like medical emergencies happen and plans get changed. ;)

Archived