Items available from SITMAR Cruises, The Fairsea

birdielovr

Going through some old boxes, I found some old memories from my mother-in-law's trip through the Panama Canal. This was her one and only cruise and it made a life-long impression on her.

She saved every daily news sheet that was left at their cabin door. Some of them have notes in them. They are all from October 1982. She also has a list of Italian words from Sitmar's Italian lesson. There is also a formal invitation to join the club for past passengers.

I hate to just throw these away. If anyone would like these, just let me know. They are yours. I'll hold onto them till the new year rolls around, but I fear I'll have to recycle them then as we will be moving early in 2006.

• 3 months later...

I am so happy to hear that your mother-in-law loved her Sitmar cruise. It was very nice of you to offer her memories to Cruise Critic readers, most people would have just tried to sell them on e-bay. Sitmar was a wonderful line and there just aren't enough cruiselines like it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I sailed on the Sitmar Fairwind on our honeymoon 20 years ago. It was wonderful. We also saved many items for our scrapbook. The Fairwind even back then was showing it's age but there was not better crew for service and attention to detail. To this day my wife still takes about the ceasar salad made at the table.

Archived