Price Drop NCL Star Baltic Cruise

Is anyone else dismayed over the recent drastic price drop on cruises booked for Europe on NCL? I am sure it is because of terror scares, but we are still going and wished we had waited to book since the price of our cabin has dropped $550.00 per person. Of course, no one knew this would happen but that $1100 would have gone far on excursions or other expenses, like airfare, for that cruise.

Is anyone else dismayed over the recent drastic price drop on cruises booked for Europe on NCL? I am sure it is because of terror scares, but we are still going and wished we had waited to book since the price of our cabin has dropped $550.00 per person. Of course, no one knew this would happen but that $1100 would have gone far on excursions or other expenses, like airfare, for that cruise.

While I would not expect any type of credit or upgrade if you have made final payment it never hurts to call and ask. They told me once there is a kind of formula they use for onboard credit giving approx 50% of the price difference.

Give it a shot but don't be disappointed to mad if they do nothing

We're booked in a BC balcony cabin for the 5/24/16 Baltic sailing and since final payment, the price has dropped about $300+. We booked through a membership discount club that we pay to belong to, and they told us too bad. They wouldn't even call NCL to try to move us to a different balcony cabin...like a BB or BA. I may try again, but it really stinks. I will also not reserve so early in advance again, especially for the beginning of the season.

IMHO book you airfare around some cruise date you want. Then buy insurance on the airfare only. Then monitor the cruise and book when you feel the price hits bottom and take whatever the have. Then buy another policy for that amount

My plan of course recognizes that you may not cruise at all should prices not go down so you would need to be agreeable to just turning it into a land vacay

On my 2012 ruby princess 12 day grand Med cruise I met many pax who were In fact planning on doing that exact thing. This particular cruise went as low as $600!!!

A little more in insurance costs perhaps but I've noticed that airfare has not gone down since the attacks. I just purchased r/t NYC Rome airfare but did catch a 5 hour flash sale.

Not cruising that trip but as soon as the attacks occurred I purchased insurance on the airfare that covers terrorism as the other expenses are refundable should there be a need for cancellation

We're booked in a BC balcony cabin for the 5/24/16 Baltic sailing and since final payment, the price has dropped about $300+. We booked through a membership discount club that we pay to belong to, and they told us too bad. They wouldn't even call NCL to try to move us to a different balcony cabin...like a BB or BA. I may try again, but it really stinks. I will also not reserve so early in advance again, especially for the beginning of the season.

I would definitely call again. Someone different answers phone each time. If the person you get seems to have an attitude I wouldn't even start explaining. Just call back and get someone else. They have some really great customer reps and some really inexperienced ones. I would price the room you want, know exactly what is advertised and avail on their website which is updated in real time and then ask them to call NCL on your behalf to upgrade to the room you want. Good luck.

and if you had waited the price might have gone up $500. :eek:

My Epic sailing in May had a price drop last year and a quick phone call got me the new rate. Just give them a call and see if they will do anything for you...the worst thing that can happen is they say no. Best case is they give you the new rate. Or maybe you get something in between. Cant hurt to ask and won't know for sure unless you try.:D

IMHO book you airfare around some cruise date you want. Then buy insurance on the airfare only. Then monitor the cruise and book when you feel the price hits bottom and take whatever the have. Then buy another policy for that amount

My plan of course recognizes that you may not cruise at all should prices not go down so you would need to be agreeable to just turning it into a land vacay

On my 2012 ruby princess 12 day grand Med cruise I met many pax who were In fact planning on doing that exact thing. This particular cruise went as low as $600!!!

A little more in insurance costs perhaps but I've noticed that airfare has not gone down since the attacks. I just purchased r/t NYC Rome airfare but did catch a 5 hour flash sale.

Not cruising that trip but as soon as the attacks occurred I purchased insurance on the airfare that covers terrorism as the other expenses are refundable should there be a need for cancellation

That is a great plan. I will try it next time.