Britannia G125

delondin

We've just returned from the two night cruise.

Had a good time apart from poor service in the Crow's Nest. 35 minute wait for a drink even after a gentle reminder, and we weren't the only ones waiting a long time.

However I just wanted to let everyone know about the cabin G125. Nice balcony cabin with small sofa and shower and extra deep balcony, partially covered BUT there is a lot of noise from the theatre below. We booked a guarantee and it was only for two nights so not a big problem but I had read about theatre noise during the evening which is fine as we are out most of the evening, but there are rehearsals throughout the day which boom through the cabin. If we had been on a longer cruise with sea days we would have asked to move. Ok if you are not in your cabin much.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi.. I am thinking about doing a two night cruise also..just seen the dates for next year..

Are they worth it? Anything I should know before going on a two day cruise? Also do we have to pay for drinks with P&O or are there drink packages

Thanks in advance

I think they are worth it. There were no drinks packages offered for this cruise. They probably realise that people can get through a lot of drink in two days, no need to pace yourself for such a short time!

We were lucky we had a 1 pm embarkation time, although due to the terrible traffic on Good Friday we didn't get there until 2 pm. Therefore we were up on deck unpacked and having lunch at a reasonable time. Obviously if you are allocated a later check in it changes the experience somewhat and you lose a lot of the first day with rushing to muster etc.

With a two day cruise you don't get the chance to build a rapport with the staff. I would suggest researching the ship and booking dining preferences re speciality before you get on board, so then you can relax without dashing around trying to sort stuff out as soon as you get on.