Anyone recently visit Playa Mia?

beckstarbaby

Has anyone recently (within the last month or so) visit Playa Mia Grand Beach Resort and park? I'm looking to do an all inclusive day pass through my Cruise line and would appreciate some reviews on the place! Btw we are a young couple both in our mid 20's looking to drink and relax!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm curious too. No kids with us, just my fiancé and myself, looking for an all inclusive for the food and drinks. From what I've read Mr Sanchos sounds wonderful but I would like to hear feedback from others.

Just went last week. We're a family of 5 and overall it was good. But the main reason we went was because my kids wanted to do the ocean obstacle course and the day we went it was windy and the course was pulled up on the beach and closed. So it was somewhat of a downer for us. And they offered us no discount on the price.

We had friends that did the AI and said the food was pretty good and drinks were decent. I mostly drink beer so just ordered off the menu. $14 for a bucket of 5 Mexican beers. And a la carte food prices were pretty reasonable.

They had beach games (football throw and water balloon toss) that was fun. And we had fun on the volleyball court as well. The day we were there a group of college kids were there having fun.

There are 2 pools and lots of lounge chairs. And the beach was very nice. I think on a sunny and hot day the place would be a lot of fun and a big party. We just didn't have ideal weather.

Anyone know how to get to Mr. Sanchos and how long was the drive? We thought about Playa Mia but the 1/2 mile walk to the bus and 30 minute drive seems excessive.

It is a bit of a walk through the port, depending on which pier your ship docks at. I don't believe it takes a cab anywhere near 30 minutes to get to Playa Mia. Mr. Sanchos is actually further from all the piers though. Not by much, it is just slightly further south.

Anyone know how to get to Mr. Sanchos and how long was the drive? We thought about Playa Mia but the 1/2 mile walk to the bus and 30 minute drive seems excessive.

Once you are at the cab line (which could involve a LONG walk on the pier, depending upon which cruise ship pier you are at - there are three on Cozumel), the ride to Mr. Sanchos or Playa Mia takes about 15 or so minutes. Taxi fare - for the cab, not per person -- should be about $17 each way and the fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab. Cab fares will be posted near the cab line - it never hurts to confirm the fare BEFORE you get into the taxi.

We've been to Playa Mia twice. Just recently for Spring Break at the end of March. Both times I thought it was a fun place for my 4 kids with the obstacle course, pools, slides, snorkeling, etc. That being said the food is not very good. I didn't think it was good the first time either. I think next time we're going to try something different.

I booked this not from the cruise ship. If you google it, you can find prices and only put a deposit down. They bring everyone back fairly early if you book with the cruise ship. In our case, we had all aboard at 5:30 and they were calling our ship to leave playa mia at 2:45-3:00. We loved staying a bit after everyone left and probably left via a taxi at 4:00. It took maybe 20 minutes to get back (a bit longer due to traffic).