Carnival Luggage Express Port Canaveral to MCO

CruzCrazy

I saw on Carnival's website that Luggage Express is offered from PC to MCO. I also know from using it before in both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale that there are restrictions on how early your flight can be after the cruise. Has anyone used it recently from Port Canaveral who can tell me what is the earliest flight they can accommodate?

Our cruise is a ways off (on the Magic), but since we are planning on using miles to book the flights I'll need to do it as soon as possible after they open them up for booking and want to be sure my return flight is eligible. We love Luggage Express!

We just got back through PC and it was 1:15 pm but our flight was at 12:30 and they allowed us to do luggage express. Hope that helps.

Thanks, that does help. Just wondering, did they approve it ahead of time (like when you turned in your forms) or did you just have to wait and see if you got your luggage express tags and boarding passes on the last sea day? Which ship were you on?

Interested in this also. How do you sign up for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Look for info in the Fun Times in the early to mid part of the cruise. It will be a loose flyer, and lots of people miss it, I think, because they think it's another ad for the spa or a jewelry sale. There is a deadline to have the forms turned in (one form per person), so if there is more than one person you'll have to go to guest services to get more. It's $20 per person for the service (plus whatever your airline would charge you for bags anyway).

They print your boarding passes, and they are delivered to your stateroom along with special luggage tag numbers (ours was zone 7) and your airline tags for your bags. You set your luggage out the night before just like always. There will be instructions on where to meet or how to disembark--it varies by ship. On the Breeze, we all met in the Ovation Theater along with the shore excursion people. Once all the luggage express luggage had cleared customs, they made an announcement and we could go.

We are platinum and could have gotten zone 1 debarkation, but I don't think you lose much time, especially since you don't lose any time gathering luggage once off the ship. Then you really make up time when you get to the airport and can go straight to security instead of checking bags. You get your bags at your final airport destination. We love it and try to use it every cruise if it's available.

Look for info in the Fun Times in the early to mid part of the cruise. It will be a loose flyer, and lots of people miss it, I think, because they think it's another ad for the spa or a jewelry sale. There is a deadline to have the forms turned in (one form per person), so if there is more than one person you'll have to go to guest services to get more. It's $20 per person for the service (plus whatever your airline would charge you for bags anyway).

They print your boarding passes, and they are delivered to your stateroom along with special luggage tag numbers (ours was zone 7) and your airline tags for your bags. You set your luggage out the night before just like always. There will be instructions on where to meet or how to disembark--it varies by ship. On the Breeze, we all met in the Ovation Theater along with the shore excursion people. Once all the luggage express luggage had cleared customs, they made an announcement and we could go.

We are platinum and could have gotten zone 1 debarkation, but I don't think you lose much time, especially since you don't lose any time gathering luggage once off the ship. Then you really make up time when you get to the airport and can go straight to security instead of checking bags. You get your bags at your final airport destination. We love it and try to use it every cruise if it's available.

Thanks for the information. It sounds like the way to go if you are flying. We always do self assist but we normally drive to the port near our house. This is the first time we will fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The last time I did LE in Miami they required us all to take luggage tags #8 and meet in the lobby at 9am. When I tried to disembark along with the Diamond self assist people (as I had always done in the past), the A-Pass system buzzed and wouldn't let me off the ship.

When I asked what was wrong, they said the TSA people had to screen all the LE luggage and they don't even get to the pier until after 8am and they just weren't finished yet.

I was kind of bummed since I still had to stand in the Customs line behind all the self assist and tags 1 - 7. That's what I've always wanted to avoid.

I don't think I'll be doing LE again. I have TSA precheck so after I check my bags at the airport I go through 1st class security which is never busy.