Dawn Princess APRIL NZ Cruise questions

123_123

hi everyone!

I just have a few questions and would appreciate it if you could help me out :)

We are sailing on the Dawn Princess April 7 - April 20 on the NZ cruise and i wanted to know:

- Should we bring our swimmers or will it be too cold for swimming?

- What are the theme nights? Would it be Hawaiian and Cowboy/girl?

- How do the laundry facilities work? Do we have to pay for the washing powder plus machine use or should we bring our own washing powder?

- We only have traditional dining on board and we chose 5.30pm, does this mean that every dinner we do not go to the buffet but only the traditional dining or are we able to go to either?

-Anything else we should know?? This is our first time sailing princess and also first time to NZ so any tips would be greatly appreciated

hi everyone!

I just have a few questions and would appreciate it if you could help me out :)

We are sailing on the Dawn Princess April 7 - April 20 on the NZ cruise and i wanted to know:

- Should we bring our swimmers or will it be too cold for swimming?

- What are the theme nights? Would it be Hawaiian and Cowboy/girl?

- How do the laundry facilities work? Do we have to pay for the washing powder plus machine use or should we bring our own washing powder?

- We only have traditional dining on board and we chose 5.30pm, does this mean that every dinner we do not go to the buffet but only the traditional dining or are we able to go to either?

-Anything else we should know?? This is our first time sailing princess and also first time to NZ so any tips would be greatly appreciated

you can bring your swimmers but i dont think you'll be doing much swimming

with the laundry facilities every deck except 12 has a laundry and dryers onboard, you can bring your own washing powder or buy it onboard

with dinner you can eat in the buffett or dining room as its your choice but if you wont be at the MDR for dinner just let your table mates know that you may not be there so they dont wait for you

with NZ it can get very cold in the South Island so be prepared and take a warm jumper/jacket gloves and a beanie

the currency onboard is AUD and no gratuities to pay but you'll need NZ currency but you can get that once over there from any ATM

Princess do not have theme nights, just formal nights. You don't have to get done up in tuxedo and ballgown, a jacket and tie for the men and a nice cocktail dress for the ladies is fine. But if you want to go the 'whole hog' you can.

Thanks for the responses! Very helpful, i didn't realize that Princess did not have any theme nights.

I have another question, I'd like to bring on board bottled water & maybe some soft drinks, what is the best way on going about doing this? Can i put these into one of my luggage and check this in or will i need to take this as 'hand' luggage? I think i would prefer to chuck it in a suitcase and check it in as it will be quiet heavy

Laundry is $3.00 per load,dryers $3.00 per/load,no need for coins,swipe your ship card and it will spit out tokens for the machines.Laundry powder also the same process.As for water,i cant get my head around this one,how does one lug say 1 24 pack(600ml)bottles on board,or say 2 slabs.we are only newbies(3 cruises),and I have never seen people carrying water on board.Best tip is take a Cpl bottles on and refill,in horizon crt buffet,or coffee station outside by the grill.Second tip is cut the top off a bottle to use as a funnel or better still take a small funnel,because you should never allow your personal drink bottle to touch the spout of the water dispencer.Keeps the viruses at bay.Hope this helps and have a great cruise

Buy a pack of water from the supermarket, stick a luggage label on it and hand it in with your baggage. If the bottles look a little loose in the shrinkwrap stick a bit of packing tape around the pack, just in case.

Ditto for soft drinks.

Definitely take some warm layers. It was quite cold at Christmas down the bottom of the South Island, and you certainly want to be outside for the scenic cruising through the sounds.