Teens/Tweens/Kids dressing for dinner on Getaway

I know that I regularly read that it doesn't matter what you wear. However, I believe I've read other tidbits that state in certain specialties pants are expected, but not jeans, etc. I'd appreciate a little help with specifics.

DH, our six kids, and I are taking a 7-n Getaway 5/15. My mother and sister are also coming. We have UDP and have dining reservations for the following restaurants:

Illusionarium

Teppanyaki

Tropicana

Cagneys

La Cucina

Le Bistro

Moderno

My kids are boys 15 & 13, and girls 11, 10, 5, 3.

The females are easy for the most part. We like sundresses. But I'm not sure about my sons and husband. Do we need to pack dress pants? Do they need a shirt and tie for any of these restaurants?

Are any of these restaurants NOT okay for them to wear khaki or grey shorts and a top (button up shirt or polo)?

If my daughters wanted to wear, say, khaki shorts and a top (no writing or pictures, etc.) would they fit in at any of these restaurants?

None of us are flip-flop wearer, but all the females like sandals. That is fine, correct?

Are sneakers ok for the males?

Thank you for your help.

We did all dress up every night for DCL two years ago, but it made for a lot of extra packing.

My boys wear long pants to dinner at Le Bistro and Tropicana. no tie, but they like cotton Hawaiin style shirts. At the other venues they may have worn nice shorts but always with a polo or button down shirt. We did not go to Cagney's the past two trips. The boys were 14 and 16 on our last June's cruise.

They also wear topsiders instead of sneakers.

After dinner they run back to the cabin, hang up their pants and throw on shorts and flops or sneakers.

Husband always wears khakis to dinner with a polo or other shirt with buttons.

We did not got to any meals at dinner time with the kids in casual t shirts.

Freestyle really reduces your packing! I take cute skirts that can be dressed up or down with tops and shoes. I am the easiest packer in our family!

Daughter -16 also- has been in charge of her own packing as she takes about 10 pairs of sandals and dresses with her.

Edited by DrNora

The only restaurant you listed in which casual attire is not acceptable is Le Bistro. Shorts and t-shirt or better are fine everywhere else. Kids 12 and under can wear nice shorts even in Le Bistro and Ocean Blue. Ties are never required on NCL. Any shoes except flip flops are fine, and even then you could wear nicer flip flops and get away with it.

Edited by Mistizoom