Canadian Travellers - Luggage Valet?

Roxxy

Sorry to say it only works for flights within the US.

When we used to fly from FLL to Toronto it was not offered to us. Now we fly from FLL to Detroit we can use it.

EDIT: It is a great program, but it is unfortunate that not everyone can use it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Sorry to say it only works for flights within the US.

When we used to fly from FLL to Toronto it was not offered to us. Now we fly from FLL to Detroit we can use it.

So then, if my connection is within the US, I could use the service then?

Usually there is a choice when I'm booking as to what connection city I use. I could easily find a US connector flight.

We'd like to spend the day in Ft. Lauderdale - but not with luggage :p

So then, if my connection is within the US, I could use the service then?

Usually there is a choice when I'm booking as to what connection city I use. I could easily find a US connector flight.

We'd like to spend the day in Ft. Lauderdale - but not with luggage :p

We might need Bob to weigh in on this, but my understnading is that the flight must end in the US and have no out of the US connections.

There are also restrictions in what ports you can use it from and the time to which you can use it. For example in Port Everglades you can use it but your flight can not leave earlier than 11:30 out of the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Edit: I see you are in Edmonton. I also understand not wanting to drag your luggage for the day. It might be easier to rent a car for the day and hide the luggage in the trunk.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We might need Bob to weigh in on this, but my understnading is that the flight must end in the US and have no out of the US connections.

There are also restrictions in what ports you can use it from and the time to which you can use it. For example in Port Everglades you can use it but your flight can not leave earlier than 11:30 out of the Fort Lauderdale airport.

Edit: I see you are in Edmonton. I also understand not wanting to drag your luggage for the day. It might be easier to rent a car for the day and hide the luggage in the trunk.

If you look at this form that Marc attached, it seems to indicate that international flights are OK, except with Delta:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44781195&postcount=32

If you look at this form that Marc attached, it seems to indicate that international flights are OK, except with Delta:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44781195&postcount=32

A very interesting form, espically where it says international flights are elligible. The funny thing is when they list the carriers it doesn't really list any international airlines such as Air Canada, West Jet, British Airways, Virgin etc...

We haven't flown from FLL to Toronto since 2013, so there really is a good chance that it has changed since we last tried to use it.

A very interesting form, espically where it says international flights are elligible. The funny thing is when they list the carriers it doesn't really list any international airlines such as Air Canada, West Jet, British Airways, Virgin etc...

We haven't flown from FLL to Toronto since 2013, so there really is a good chance that it has changed since we last tried to use it.

Also, Marc's form is from 2014, and I've not seen a more recent form.

On my last cruise (albeit a Celebrity cruise) four years ago, I used luggage valet on my return home to Calgary from Fort Lauderdale via Dallas-Fort Worth. It was the best $25.00 I've ever spent to not see my luggage from the last night of the cruise until I was reunited with it at the Calgay airport.