Help in Jumping from RCCL to Celebrity

js

My family of four (dd almost 12, ds will be 8) will be cruising on our 5th RCCL cruise in April on the Serenade (leaving from PR). We just got back from a quick 3 night trip onboard the Majesty to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary. While on board, we picked up the Celebrity brochures and started discussing that after the Serenade we may book our next cruise on Celebrity. (We have also sailed NCL, DCL and CCL.)

Maybe booking a trip to Bermuda, maybe Hawaii, maybe Europe, we just don’t know, maybe another Caribbean cruise?

Anyway, we would like a newer ship, balcony cabin (do they have balcony’s connecting to insides as the RCCL Voyager class ships have, love this for our family) with just an itinerary of one week (we would use our timeshare week for the week post-cruise). I am not familiar at all with Celebrity although I have been reading these boards. Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Constellation, Infinity, Summit, and Millennium are the newer class of ships. You can check out the individual ships on the web site as well. Check out the rooms called "family ocean view with veranda" or category fv. This stateroom category contains 2 lower convertable beds that can be moved together and a privacy petition separating a sitting area with two sofa beds. The rooms and balconies are larger and made for "families traveling together".

Enjoy,

Constellation, Infinity, Summit, and Millennium are the newer class of ships. You can check out the individual ships on the web site as well. Check out the rooms called "family ocean view with veranda" or category fv. This stateroom category contains 2 lower convertable beds that can be moved together and a privacy petition separating a sitting area with two sofa beds. The rooms and balconies are larger and made for "families traveling together".

Enjoy,

The "lower convertable" beds are always set up as a single queen bed unless you ask to have them separated.

While there are two sofas, they're on opposing sides of the outside section of the cabin - no enough space for two fold-outs; one is just a couch, and the other folds out into a queen size bed.

See pics in signature link below to make sense of it all.

Europe and Hawaii cruises are normally 10 to 14 days...

From your questions I think you are not yet ready for the change to Celebrity unless you want to stay in the Caribbean on 1 week jaunts.

Bermuda runs, although one week cruises, are on older, smaller ships.

Europe and Hawaii cruises are normally 10 to 14 days...

From your questions I think you are not yet ready for the change to Celebrity unless you want to stay in the Caribbean on 1 week jaunts.

Don't discount Alaska as an interesting option for a 7nt if they want to do something in the summer!

hhmmm, "not yet ready to make the change"... don't know what to make of that. The reason I would prefer one week is to take a land-based vaction the following week after our cruise. 7+ days is not a problem but like the option of doing both. We usually vacation 2 weeks during Easter, 2 weeks together in July and then again one week in the Fall.

Canderson, Alaska would be a great choice! My daughter wants to do a cruise for her 8th grade graduation present and said she wants us to surprise her but asked could it possibly be something other than the Caribbean. I think Alaska would be a great option and then I could book a week in Florida or the Carib. the following week to warm us up LOL The excursions would be wonderful and although I so hate the cold, knowing I would be going somewhere warm after the week would keep me going.

Thank you for the newer ship names, I will look them up in my brochures and online and also about the info. on the cabins. I love the balconys connecting to the insides on RCCL it gives everyone their own beds, bathrooms, tv and space but will look into the family balcony cabins.

Thank you all again for those that were able to help :)

You should be aware that RCCL's kids program is considered better than Celebrity's. You will usually find less children on Celebrity as well, although I can't comment on the trend during holidays or on shorter cruises. We are about to take our first seven day cruise over a holiday on Constellation, but on our first Celebrity cruise (15-nights), there were very few children onboard.

You should be aware that RCCL's kids program is considered better than Celebrity's. You will usually find less children on Celebrity as well, although I can't comment on the trend during holidays or on shorter cruises. We are about to take our first seven day cruise over a holiday on Constellation, but on our first Celebrity cruise (15-nights), there were very few children onboard.
It's not that common to find many kinds on any 15 night Celebrity itinerary no matter when or where it takes place, so your experience would was typical. When school isn't in session, you see more kids on Celebrity cruises, especially the 7nt ones, and the holiday cruises really bring them out, even if they're a bit longer.

As for the kids programs -- we've noted that parents can have a hard time prying their kids out of the Fun Factory. Our grandson was only 2 on our last cruise and still in diapers, so didn't qualify for the program, but next trip, we'll definitely see what he thinks of it.

Archived