Kids Drinks?

fourdarlings

Can you tell me if there are kids drinks available during the day that are free? I know pop is not but I don't want my kids drinking pop 24/7 for the cruise. Are there juice machines somehwere that can be accessed?

Also do they have any snacks if they are in Camp Carnival activities?

Thanks

Keri

Glory 11/5/2005

Can you tell me if there are kids drinks available during the day that are free? I know pop is not but I don't want my kids drinking pop 24/7 for the cruise. Are there juice machines somehwere that can be accessed?

Also do they have any snacks if they are in Camp Carnival activities?

Thanks

Keri

Glory 11/5/2005

There is fruit punch and lemonade and iced tea in the buffet restaurant... you may want to taste it though, as we always watered it down for pur kids. It is very sweet. We did buy soda cards for the kids, as with them, they can get juice at the bars as well. My kids like proper juice during the day, so they had their juice for the bar with the soda card. As for camp carnival... they have water fountains in there..... and they do order from room service if your child is staying for the slumber party, otherwise, the kids are not there long enought to warrent snacks, etc.

There is fruit punch and lemonade and iced tea in the buffet restaurant... you may want to taste it though, as we always watered it down for pur kids. It is very sweet. We did buy soda cards for the kids, as with them, they can get juice at the bars as well. .

This is not the way it usually goes-- juice at a bar is a charge (how much I have no idea.) and a soda card is for soda only. This cruiser really lucked out. Unless this is something new this year on carnival . I know the soda card is good for juice etc on Royal caribbean. Iced tea in the past has been the unsweetened stuff. we had to mix it with lemonade to get it to flavor- this is on carnival it was very sweet on the VOyager.

This is not the way it usually goes-- juice at a bar is a charge (how much I have no idea.) and a soda card is for soda only. This cruiser really lucked out. Unless this is something new this year on carnival . I know the soda card is good for juice etc on Royal caribbean. Iced tea in the past has been the unsweetened stuff. we had to mix it with lemonade to get it to flavor- this is on carnival it was very sweet on the VOyager.

I would guess it is something new, as the card says soda and juice right on it.

This was from the 9/25/05 Miracle sailing.

Image042.jpg.fcbb0e91a18d42509404a14cef8b34ac.jpg That should be the attachment of a scan of my soda/juice card from the 9/25 miracle sailing..... Hopefully, I figured out how to upload the pic properly :) It says "For Fountain Sodas and Juice " right on the front of it.

On the Pride in April, there was always punch, limonade, coffee, hot chocolate and iced tea available at no cost all the time. In the morning, there was also orange juice.

And yes - the iced tea is just that "iced tea" not sweet tea. Here in the west, that's what we drink - It's hard to get used to the sweet tea when I travel for work. :)

Is juice not included for anyone else who do not buy the soda card?? this is new since February. (thats why I am asking) I know we could get orance juice or apple juice at the buffet and other juices using room service- is this not the case now??

Is the juice at the bar differnt from the juice at the buffet?

Is juice not included for anyone else who do not buy the soda card?? this is new since February. (thats why I am asking) I know we could get orance juice or apple juice at the buffet and other juices using room service- is this not the case now??

The only juice on the buffet was during morning hours.... maybe til 11:00 am or noon. After that, it was lemonade, the sweetest fruit punch I ever tasted and iced tea.... water, coffee, hot water (for tea) and hot cocoa. There was no juice at the buffet for lunch of dinnertime anymore.

As for room service, Yes, we got orange juice from room service with breakfast..... not sure we ever tried after breakfast time though.

is the bar juice different from whats available at the buffet?

what did that soda card cost you for the adult card?

The juice at the bar was available all day and night long..... I know they had orange juice there and apparently a bunch of other types as well (I never asked)... Oh, and they had apple juice there too. As for cost, they billed the card together . 2 adult cards , for 7 days, was $88.55 total with gratuity.

As far back as I can remember they have always charged for juice only IF you order it at the bar. You can order it for free from room service, or get it on the Lido deck self-serve areas in the mornings, or in the dining room during meal times.

Archived