Infinity to Alaska perks and info.

graysonman

Hi everyone!

Just wondering about a few things regarding the Infinity.

My wife and I are considering a cruise out of Vancouver on the Infinity. We have cruised with Celebrity before (Summit Dec. 2013) and really enjoyed it! I have noticed on the Celebrity website that they are offering a Perk Package that allows 2 perks to be picked at no extra cost.

Just wondering which ones would be the best to consider. We did get the classic drink package on the Summit (no charge) and I think that would be a no-brainer but which other perk would be the better deal? I am thinking the OBC but I am just wondering what others might think would be the better option.

Also, does Infinity have the same room service menu as other Celebrity ships? I am thinking of doing Concierge class again like we did before as we really enjoyed getting our breakfast delivered to the room each morning and having an expanded menu (great way to start the day!!).

Also, thinking about going on this cruise in early August. Any pros or cons vs going in July? (these 2 months are our only options due to work constraints). It appears that layering of clothes might be appropriate for these Alaskan cruises? I am understanding as well that cruising the inside passage up and back to Vancouver means fewer issues with choppy seas?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Doug

We love the Infinity and you will see many similarities between her and the Summit.

If this is a 7 night cruise, you would be better off getting the OBC as free gratuities aren't worth as much unless you are on a longer cruise.

The internet service would never be worth it for us so wouldn't suggest it. Definitely, the drink package is a no brainer choice #1. Plus, if you get the $300 OBC and are so inclined, you can even use this to upgrade to the premium package with a little to spare.

The room service menus are the same on Celebrity -- and expanded version is available for concierge cabins.

Nobody can tell what the weather will be in July or August -- but your chances are about the same. We usually go in Sept and have had very good luck with the weather up there. It is just a six of one vs half a dozen of the other.

The inside passage is usually very calm ... well, at least in my experience. Once it was really windy and the ship was rocky through the entire passage...but no one can predict that this far out and this was not the norm. At least you will not sail around Vancouver Island which can sometimes be choppy.