New bbq place on magic

Aggie2010

It sounds like it's a refresh of the old Fat Jimmy's but maybe some actual smoke involved. I'm not a fan of anything with Mr. Sunglassesneck's spiky 80s hair branded on it. But Sea Day BBQ is always a 'must do' just for variety.

on another thread Mjhind posted the following

Quote:

We were on the Magic last week. we stopped by the new bbq one day and I grabbed a small plate of food to sample. I had the chicken, pulled pork and the cole slaw. The chicken was fantastic. The pork and slaw were very good. I will also say that we liked the guys burgers too. My personal favorite new addition was the blue iguana tacos. I had a few of those almost every day.

Pictures if you will

http://www.mommymusings.com/guys-pig-anchor-bar-b-que-smokehouse-on-carnival-magic/

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is this ban place going to be on the vista?

It is not currently listed for the vista, Fat jimmy's is.

However it was not listed for the Magic's 2.0 upgrade either and after some confusion as to what BBQ joint was coming, Carnival suprised everyone with this new BBQ joint.

So its possible it could find its way on to the vista.

Edited by Trumpster

Throw it all overboard ,,, That is not BBQ...... Not to southerner's anyway . BBQ is slowly smoked 6-8 hours with wood ... Not on a grill over charcoal

Yea, this Southerner agrees. However, really looking forward to it and think it will be tasty. Even if they don't have eastern NC sauce.

It looks delicious (not NC barbecue, but tasty, nonetheless), but if I'm reading the hours correctly, it will only be open for 5 hours my entire 7 day cruise (noon to 2:30 on sea days). Husband would love it, but I expect long lines when it is open. We'll see in September.

It seems like a large investment for that small use.

Throw it all overboard ,,, That is not BBQ...... Not to southerner's anyway . BBQ is slowly smoked 6-8 hours with wood ... Not on a grill over charcoal

Where did you ever get the idea it was cooked on charcoal? Or is this just an assumption? According to Carnival they have installed smokers. This southerner is looking forward to giving it a try. I try not to pass judgement on something I have never tried before. It may be good or it may be bad, I want to try it for myself.

It is not currently listed for the vista, Fat jimmy's is.

However it was not listed for the Magic's 2.0 upgrade either and after some confusion as to what BBQ joint was coming, Carnival suprised everyone with this new BBQ joint.

So its possible it could find its way on to the vista.

I really hope so.

I cruised the Breeze on a Mediterranean cruise and "Fat Jimmy's" was packed every sea day. The lines were very long. We only had three sea days on a 12 day cruise and I gave up waiting in line on one of the days.

The BBQ wasn't wood smoked but it was good and sauces were decent. It will be interesting to see how the "Guy" upgrades are. I will be sailing Magic on the 16th of April.

Take care,

Mike

I cruised the Breeze on a Mediterranean cruise and "Fat Jimmy's" was packed every sea day. The lines were very long. We only had three sea days on a 12 day cruise and I gave up waiting in line on one of the days.

The BBQ wasn't wood smoked but it was good and sauces were decent. It will be interesting to see how the "Guy" upgrades are. I will be sailing Magic on the 16th of April.

Take care,

Mike

I hope you are actually sailing on the 10th of April as the Magic will be at sea on her last night of her last Galveston Voyage on the 16th. ;)