Anyone on board the Glory right now?

crazycruzer68

We had Matt Mitchem when he was an assistant cruise director and annoying Karl with a K was CD. After getting off that cruise, when I filled out my survey, I said Matt should be a CD he was so good. Glad his talent was recognized.

We have Brandon Kovshoff which I've heard not so good things about on here... I wasnt aware they had a hand so far into the activities? I thought they just basically hosted. :(

We had Brandon on the Dream last week and thought he was very good. He has a sarcastic personality, but I found that funny. He also seemed to really connect with the kids when hosting family oriented shows.

We had Brandon on the Dream last week and thought he was very good. He has a sarcastic personality, but I found that funny. He also seemed to really connect with the kids when hosting family oriented shows.

Thanks for this, maybe his sarcastic personality is what the bad reviewers didnt like? Either way I'm going to enjoy EVERY MINUTE of my vacation. The days cant count down fast enough!!

There is a cruise director on the ship WOW Does not matter who it is im having fun. I am more concerned about bartenders and servers they make the trip

That really depends on who you are. I don't drink, so I could care less how the bartenders and servers are......:)

• 2 weeks later...
Just got off the glory yesterday and at first I was a little skeptical of Dustin; However he did a wonderful job! I'm really looking forward to cruising with him again!

How was his welcome aboard show, we have something else going on at that time and was trying to decide which to attend.

How was his welcome aboard show, we have something else going on at that time and was trying to decide which to attend.

I honestly do not know, I had something else going around that time and wasn't able to make it. :(

• 2 weeks later...
The CD basically plans all of the passenger activities, and hires and schedules the entertainment staff.

Actually at the cruise director Q&A on last cruise he said CD doesn't hire staff anymore, they made a new behind the scenes entertainment manager position that doesn't interact with passengers much that does that kinda stuff. I'm not even sure if the CD still schedules the events either. I think they are glorified DJ's now.

Edited by BlazinSunsets

Is there anywhere that I can look to see who my cruise director might be? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/John-Version-1.29.16.pdf

Here is a link to the list of cruise directors for each ship and the dates they will be on the ship. If you're sailing on the glory before May 21st, then Dustin will be your cruise director and in my opinion he's pretty great :)

Just returned yesterday and I thought Dustin did a great job. Lee also helped make the cruise very enjoyable. If you do not get involved with the activities then the CD will probably not matter to you, our group however does get involved and we found most of the entertainment crew to be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app