Anthem Dining Question

So, my father in law booked us (13 of us total) for the Anthem sailing from Bayonne December 23, 2016. Dinner dining questions:

1) when do you make the decision between early, late or MTD dining? Now, or only once final payments are made?

2) we all have different reservation numbers (he booked through a travel agent) so does each person need to indicate what they want (i.e., are all 13 of us linked?)

3) I presume we will all sit together for dinner each night (its the least we can do :)) - how do we ensure that happens?

4) if we want to book specialty dining, again, when can that be done - now, or only after final payments are made.

5) i presume that this will be a fairly booked cruise - getting opinions from this group is like herding cats - when do you think we would need to have our decisions made and booked to make sure we have choices/options?

thanks

mixplix

Edited by mixplix

Make your decision about dining now. You are a large group. It will be easier if you do it now as to early, late seating or MTD. It you choose to do MTD, you will need to make your reservations each night for dinner ahead of time(after final payment). Have the TA link all your reservations together. Because you are sailing at a busy time, early seating may fill up quickly. If you wait to decide, you may be disappointed.

Keep in mind that the Anthem is about to change their dining as the Dynamic Dining(MTD) has not worked out as it was first set up with many different complimentary restaurants. Keep an eye on these boards as to the changes.

You can wait until after final payment to decide on Specialty restaurants. Don't wait for a general dining decision.

Edited by hancock

You should talk amongst your group, decide what kind of dining you want (Dynamic Choice or Dynamic Classic), and then contact the travel agent to make the changes. I would do this ASAP to have a better chance of getting your preference.

If you get Dynamic Classic, yyou will have a fixed time each night, and fixed table assignments. I don't know if Anthem has a table that will accommodate 13 people, so you may have to have two tables near each other.

If you get Dynamic Choice, then you need to show up together at the restaurant of your choice.

Specialty dining reservations are probably not open yet. Keep checking your Cruise Planner, they will normally open before final payment date.

So, my father in law booked us (13 of us total) for the Anthem sailing from Bayonne December 23, 2016. Dinner dining questions:

1) when do you make the decision between early, late or MTD dining? Now, or only once final payments are made?

2) we all have different reservation numbers (he booked through a travel agent) so does each person need to indicate what they want (i.e., are all 13 of us linked?)

3) I presume we will all sit together for dinner each night (its the least we can do :)) - how do we ensure that happens?

4) if we want to book specialty dining, again, when can that be done - now, or only after final payments are made.

5) i presume that this will be a fairly booked cruise - getting opinions from this group is like herding cats - when do you think we would need to have our decisions made and booked to make sure we have choices/options?

thanks

mixplix

I am in the same boat. Linking reservations is key. As far as booking times, I have been told by RCL that their dining rooms can only accommodate a max of 10 people at a table. We have 11 so they are suggesting working the the head waiter to get tables grouped close to each other.

We cruise on June 30. RCL will not confirm the changes to dining from DD to classic, but from what people who recently cruised have posted, these changes should be in affect prior to our cruise.

We are going to cross our fingers and hope it all works itself out. Right now we have 2 cabins with one set of reservations and 2 cabins with another in different restaurants and times.

We are looking to breakfasts and lunches and dining together as they are walk up, with dinner being the "it's nice if we can option"

Enjoy your cruise.

Mark

I am in the same boat. Linking reservations is key. As far as booking times, I have been told by RCL that their dining rooms can only accommodate a max of 10 people at a table. We have 11 so they are suggesting working the the head waiter to get tables grouped close to each other.

We cruise on June 30. RCL will not confirm the changes to dining from DD to classic, but from what people who recently cruised have posted, these changes should be in affect prior to our cruise.

We are going to cross our fingers and hope it all works itself out. Right now we have 2 cabins with one set of reservations and 2 cabins with another in different restaurants and times.

We are looking to breakfasts and lunches and dining together as they are walk up, with dinner being the "it's nice if we can option"

Enjoy your cruise.

Mark

I was on the 3/19 sailing. Had 11-12 at dinner each night. It wasn't a problem after the first night. Spoke to the hostess, they linked our reservations and the tables were properly set for 11 at silk/chic/grande/american icon/solarium bistro each night. They mostly sat us in a corner where they could push 4-5 tables together. There was a giant round table in grande. On the first night they had us split into 6 and 5 but put us right next to each other.

I was on the 3/19 sailing. Had 11-12 at dinner each night. It wasn't a problem after the first night. Spoke to the hostess, they linked our reservations and the tables were properly set for 11 at silk/chic/grande/american icon/solarium bistro each night. They mostly sat us in a corner where they could push 4-5 tables together. There was a giant round table in grande. On the first night they had us split into 6 and 5 but put us right next to each other.

Great to know. Thank you!

We are sailing on Anthem late Sept, party of 8. When I booked it I was told only DD Choice was available. I emailed rcldining@rccl.com and was told "Classic 2 is oversold and the waitlist is also oversold" so... With that information I picked a time near the classic times and the order of the restaurants. I then booked them through the cruise planner when it opened up.

In order to book as a group you or your TA will need last name and reservation numbers for everyone.

I did have some minor difficulties with the planner so I called RCI and they were very helpful to make sure everyone was linked and all the reservations were made!

Now to wait for a GS to open up so I can upgrade!