Cartagena - snorkeling or sightseeing

mjonis

Hello,

Dec 9th, 2016, hopefully the MSC Divina will be in port 7:00 am. - 3:00 p.m.

I love to snorkel but wasn't sure how good the snorkeling is in Cartagena, not to mention the ship leaves a little early in the afternoon.

Should I sight-see/tour or snorkel?

I believe we're the only ship in port that day.

My wife and I went on a fantastic tour in Cartagena that included a short walking tour and a musical program with folk dancing. We were on the Island Princess but your cruise might have something similar.

In case you're interested in pictures, you might enjoy seeing the slideshow my wife made with pictures she took for her website at the link below. The slide show is divided into three parts and you can find it at the top of the page under the title "Cartagena, Columbia."

Panama Canal Partial Transit Cruise

Edited by JimAOk1945

Thanks for the info! I also inquired over on TA forums and basically with the short window we have on the Divina, it's advised to skip snorkeling and do the Old City tour.

apparently one would have to take a speed boat to Rosario Island anyway in order to get there and back and I don't think the timeframe would be adequate.

There is a rosario Island Tour excursion via MSC where you could maybe do some snorkeling, but I think the Old City will be better.

I'll take a peek at your photos, thank you!

Thanks for the info! I also inquired over on TA forums and basically with the short window we have on the Divina, it's advised to skip snorkeling and do the Old City tour.

apparently one would have to take a speed boat to Rosario Island anyway in order to get there and back and I don't think the timeframe would be adequate.

There is a rosario Island Tour excursion via MSC where you could maybe do some snorkeling, but I think the Old City will be better.

I'll take a peek at your photos, thank you!

It sounds like a good plan. Our walking tour was in the Old City and we were very happy with it. Here is a link to that specific slideshow on my wife's website.

Cartegena Old City Walking Tour

Edited by JimAOk1945