Live from Liberty of the Seas (March 27, 2016 sailing)

Bittersweet last day onboard...I was a bit seasick/nauseous after breakfast and chilled in the room. Finally feeling better thankfully. My sister went to the promenade deck after breakfast and said the merch sales were a bit like Black Friday - a madhouse!

We are traveling at a good clip back to Galveston - about 20kts against a 50kt wind atm. It's fairly chilly -- good time for robes. Had to come in off the balcony before my tablet got covered with a thicker layer of sea spray! On deck 6 we are getting consistent spray from the waves and many rattles. Still worth it tho :D The lower decks were closed earlier this morning because of the water/waves. The sun is out finally and perhaps the water will calm down a bit later this afternoon. Right now we're bobbing and weaving!

Thank you to those who have suggested reserving mattress toppers prior to the cruise; we did that and they made the hard beds tolerable.

Back to our little corner of the seas...

If you get a chance would you be so kind as to shoot some photos of the cruise compass and share them with us?:)

Thanks for posting! I'll be on the May 1-8 trip... group of 8 with 4 first time cruisers so it will be fun!!!!

Hello! My DD23 and I are on the May 1st Liberty cruise also! Any young adults in your group?

Come by our Roll Call thread on Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2211448

And/Or

Sign-up for the "Meet & Mingle Party":

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

27 Days and Counting!!!

Edited by YadaYadaJodi

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but for some reason I had issues starting a new thread and since I was on the same sailing I thought I'd add additional comments here even though there are some differences to what was posted before. First, for full disclosure, I am a diamond plus member on Royal, meaning I have been on 25+ cruises with Royal. So I obviously really like the line. That said, post dry dock, I will not travel on Liberty again unless it is a real off time. That's pretty severe especially since this was my fourth cruise on this exact ship and considering how much I love about the ship(still) surprising. But the bottom line is the ship is just too crowded for me especially on "peak" weeks. On the most recent dry dock, they added rooms to accomodate approximately 500 more people on the ship. Let me tell you, this was felt. There were more lines that I've seen on any Royal ship. Ever. Now for full disclosure also, I have been on Norwegian and Carnival(once each) and heard from many on board Liberty that it was nothing compared to the lines on those ships, and that's probably true. Personally, I don't like having to contend with crowds often, and I felt I had to do that on this ship. Yes, it was less often than not, but more often than I'd like it to have been. It's a shame because I agree with others that the food on this ship was very good, service was very good, the two staple shows---Saturday Night Fever and Up in the Air(A cirque du soleil type show) were both VERY good. I had a junior suite, which is a FANTASTIC room on the Freedom class, almost 300 sq feet, a walk in closet, and a balcony with 2 chaise lounges PLUS 2 chairs and a table. Great room, so comfortable. Royal should not have any ports with a tender on this ship. We had to tender in Belize, and you better make sure you take a Royal excursion or you will not get off the ship until 10:30 till 12(no exaggeration) and be prepared to wait on some nice lines to get back to the ship. They had a lot of little things right on this ship too. One big one, to me, any regular Royal cruiser knows they make excellent cookies. We all have our favorites(mine are the mud slide cookies). I Found ALL the cookies they made to be available constantly in the cafe promenade and in the windjammer after dinner. Plus the diamond lounge had all in the afternoon for snacks. What can I say, I'm an addict, and I was in heaven. If I wasn't so adverse to crowds, that would have made up for it. Giovanni's was also excellent I must add. Don't order the chicken in Chops no matter what lol. Steaks are good of course. So overall, I certainly enjoyed the cruise, and Royal does a great job. But I think they got carried away with themselves by adding so many additional rooms and people to their ship, and with the addition of some of the rooms they also made the track on Deck 12 not the full size of the ship which was a bummer.

I seem to remember a figure in the 80's.

Very close sir.

Royal Caribbean is also adding 26 new Panoramic Ocean View staterooms, featuring floor-to-ceiling glass walls, providing guests with breathtaking, unobstructed views as well as an additional 53 staterooms throughout the ship.

Very close sir.

Royal Caribbean is also adding 26 new Panoramic Ocean View staterooms, featuring floor-to-ceiling glass walls, providing guests with breathtaking, unobstructed views as well as an additional 53 staterooms throughout the ship.

Thank-you!:)

PAlso the hot water in our room seems to be alternating hot and barely tepid from night to night. It's not been cold enough to call maintenance, just another mild annoyance. I'm in the denial phase of the cruise I think where tepid water is better than the thought that our trip ends in two days, so...mild annoyances

We also had tepid to cold showers on two days. We left a note for the hotel director at guest services and he addressed the issue immediately. It was disappointing when you were ready for a hot shower. He ended up giving us a letter for a 15% off certificate for our next sailing.

We were on LOS sail dats 3-13-16 in #6352.

Our sink also backed up several times.

Disappointing news from RC blog...

I am currently on the Liberty and the earliest for the boomerang (Tidal Wave) will be mid May. They are going to install an exrta hump to take some speed off to help prevent collisions st the end.

I seem to remember a figure in the 80's.

Correct. 82 is the number we were told, and I think that matches with the new stated passenger capacity (based on double occupancy), compared to the former capacity.

We're on 5/29. Not sure I want to be an early guinea pig for that one!

I'd do it. :D

For what it's worth, the activities director said he had tried it out multiple times and that he didn't think it was really unsafe (as-is), but was pretty scary. I'm sure, once the modifications are done, it'll be fine. Hopefully they don't tone it down so much as to lose all thrill-factor. :eek:

We're on 5/29. Not sure I want to be an early guinea pig for that one!

Maybe when we cruise the week before you on 5/22 they will have it going then we can be the guinea pigs. I will watch them shoot off that ride into the ocean and report back. Fortunately they will be on a tube so it will be easy to recover from the sea. LOL:D

Correct. 82 is the number we were told, and I think that matches with the new stated passenger capacity (based on double occupancy), compared to the former capacity.

Appreciate the confirmation.

Maybe when we cruise the week before you on 5/22 they will have it going then we can be the guinea pigs. I will watch them shoot off that ride into the ocean and report back. Fortunately they will be on a tube so it will be easy to recover from the sea. LOL:D

LOL...we are on the 5/22 sailing also. I hope no one shoots overboard!

LOL...we are on the 5/22 sailing also. I hope no one shoots overboard!

I asked my DD, she's crew on this ship, just arrived after the drydock, and she said this is their fear that's keeping it closed for now. You'd think they would have figured that out before installation!:D