Question about $49 deposit

Pkrpec

I'm looking at booking a cruise in November of 2017. The price breakdown page shows the deposit being $98 (for 2 people), but when I continue it asks if I want to pay the whole balance of the deposit for $150??? Anyone know why? I plan to call, but can't until later today. Just wondered if anyone else had this happen. Thanks!

I'm looking at booking a cruise in November of 2017. The price breakdown page shows the deposit being $98 (for 2 people), but when I continue it asks if I want to pay the whole balance of the deposit for $150??? Anyone know why? I plan to call, but can't until later today. Just wondered if anyone else had this happen. Thanks!

I just booked yesterday and it was $98 for two. I did have trouble entering the second passenger's name and had to call- but that was taken care of within five minutes.

I also wasn't sure. I would go through a booking but the deposit would be $800 for our 4 person room but would be $98 for the 2 person room. Terms and conditions says $49 per person with no mention of a passenger limit.

Just know that IF any of you who book this special rate decide at a later date to change ANYTHING on your booking,,,, (even if it's just to get a price drop),,, you will be REQUIRED to pay the original amount of deposit ($250 per person) in full. If you don't pay, they will cancel the entire cruise for you.

When you call in, they may or may not tell you about this requirement.

How can this be?

When you call in for a price drop or anything else that changes your booking,,,, your new booking change also changes to the new Terms and Conditions of the new booking.

This info will be in the fine print. It may or may not be shouted out.

Just know that IF any of you who book this special rate decide at a later date to change ANYTHING on your booking,,,, (even if it's just to get a price drop),,, you will be REQUIRED to pay the original amount of deposit ($250 per person) in full. If you don't pay, they will cancel the entire cruise for you.

How can this be?

When you call in for a price drop or anything else that changes your booking,,,, your new booking change also changes to the new Terms and Conditions of the new booking.

I have a question about*this... my husband and i booked ES with 50.00 deposit. We paid it off and then there was a price drop, giving us 40.00 OBC for each cabin. They didn't ask us for any additional money and sent a new receipt showing the OBC. Is the reason we weren't charged anything additional because we were already PIF by the time the price drop happened?

I have a question about*this... my husband and i booked ES with 50.00 deposit. We paid it off and then there was a price drop, giving us 40.00 OBC for each cabin. They didn't ask us for any additional money and sent a new receipt showing the OBC. Is the reason we weren't charged anything additional because we were already PIF by the time the price drop happened?

Correct.

That only applies to people who have not paid at least the full normal deposit amount by the time they ask for a price drop.

How can this be?

I just had this happen on a recent booking. I booked with the special deposit and knew if I had an adjustment that I would need to pay the balance of the deposit. Even though the representative never told me that, I knew it. I just checked the date the money was due and paid it.

As far as the $49 deposit deal, I just booked one for three people, the deposit is for $49 each. I paid that deposit and will keep searching for deals to pop up later and work out the payment for it then. I'm just happy now, that I know I have the cabin I want and can adjust it later if need be.

Thank you! It is just a 4 day cruise, so if there is a price drop (which I doubt), I will just need to pay $200 more to get it. Thanks for the info!

Correct. When I readjust, I have never even needed to pay right then and there on the phone. I check later online on the "manage my cruise" and see when the due date is for the newly adjusted deposit.