Good Day for CCL Shareholders

winddawn

Carnival Corporation announced quarterly earnings today and surprised with better than expected earnings. CCL shares were up 5.5% today to $52.37. Higher fares and lower fuel costs boosted the bottom line. Bookings have been strong.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-corp-quarterly-profit-beats-135409441.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CCL&ql=1

This news certainly speaks to those complaining about higher fares and few price drops this year. I guess the best approach to counter higher fares is to purchase CCL stock to take advantage of the higher share prices, onboard credit benefit, and the dividends the stock pays. That's the best strategy these days to CCL cruising value. Apparently that doesn't translate equally to Royal Caribbean shareholders though. One of the articles I read today in the CCL news said that RCCL missed their anticipated earnings.

Edited by winddawn

It's been a very profitable stock for me. Bought at $24.00. Almost bought a couple hundred more at $35.00. Shoulda coulda, woulda!

Like you, it has been a good purchase for us. We bought at around the same price back in early 2004. Since then we have received about $100/yr dividends (for most years) and gone on around 15 cruises to the tune of around $1300 onboard credit (some were 5 nt. cruises). At this point, I figured the stock has already paid for itself between the dividends and OBC, the fact that the stock price has doubled is just a bonus :)

Like you, it has been a good purchase for us. We bought at around the same price back in early 2004. Since then we have received about $100/yr dividends (for most years) and gone on around 15 cruises to the tune of around $1300 onboard credit (some were 5 nt. cruises). At this point, I figured the stock has already paid for itself between the dividends and OBC, the fact that the stock price has doubled is just a bonus :)

Yes same here. We bought it at a low point in 2009 and price has more than doubled and got more than purchase price back as obc.

I told my husband a little while ago that we should buy the 100 shares. This was back when it was around $44/share. But he procrastinated as usual. He's going to regret it now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know the feeling. We transferred the money into our trading account, and have been putting buy orders in at $40 hoping it would drop, but not yet. After seeing this I'm losing hope, lol. But like they say everything that does go up can also come back down. Waiting and just waiting....

Good day indeed. I scarfed up a boat load of it around $16-$20 as people were dumping it in late 2008/early 2009. :):):)

I bought my 100 shares on 3/9/2009 at a total of $17.06/share. The first 2 quarters I owned it, I received $ .40/share dividend. Then they dropped the dividend for a year. Then restored a year later at a measly $ .10/share dividend, and have gradually increased the dividend to $ .30/share.

I've also received OBC on 1 or 2 cruises per year. On our 14-day Journey's Cruise in 2017, we'll receive $250 OBC.

Looking at booking 2 cruises right now.......Carnivals no longer on my radar as there are way too many better deals out there.

Here a recent post of mine....they should be raking it in.........

I posted this last month on another thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...2#post49215262

Here go's....looking at booking eastern Caribbean April 2017 in next few days...we've been doing April for years so I'm not just picking a specific month to make a point.

Celebrity Grand Slam offer that the travel agent is offering, so we pick three perks get them all, Alcohol package no drink limit free ( Add $402 to Carnival 15 drink limit ) perk 2 is pre-paid gratuities ( add $192.00 to carnival ) perk 3 on board credit ( add $50 to carnival ) so for one person grand slam deal saves me $644.

Eastern Caribbean Cruise Prices April 2017 leaving off port fees they equal out on both sides

Carnival Inside Room $739

Onboard Expense $644

Total Per Person $1383.

Celebrity Ocean View $949.00

on board Expense $0.00 ( Grand Slam Deal )

Total per person $949.00

Saving Per Person $434

Saving per cabin X2 = $868

Even with my investor credit no way I'll be booking Carnival.