How will May 7 End-to-End Walk Impact Transportation?

MarieF4861

Hi,

I have just learned that the 29th Annual XL Catlin End-to-End Walk will occur in Bermuda on the day my ship will be in port - May 7, 2016. The walk is scheduled from 7am to 3pm and will start in St. George's and end in the Dockyard. My plan for that day was to take a cab to Horseshoe Bay at around 8:30am and hopefully leave Horseshoe by by noon to return to the ship, which I expect will have an all aboard time of approximately 3:30pm. Is anyone familiar with this event and how it will impact transportation? Do you think my plan is feasible or should I plan on either staying put in the Dockyard or doing a ship excursion for the day? More details can be found at: https://www.bermudaendtoend.bm/content/announcing-29th-E2E

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Having taken part in the End to End, I can tell you that Dockyard post-event is nuts - it's like the whole Island is there or trying to get there and the traffic is horrendous.

Most of the participants do the Middle to End, which doesn't start until 10.00am, even the fastest shouldn't be there before 1.00pm. The cyclists could create a problem as they use the roads, rather than the railway trail, which could impact the traffic.

Still, I think you should be fine if you're going back around noon. I'd ask the cab driver on the way down to Horseshoe for advice as to when to start back, and maybe even book him to come and pick you up, just to be on the safe side.

Having taken part in the End to End, I can tell you that Dockyard post-event is nuts - it's like the whole Island is there or trying to get there and the traffic is horrendous.

Most of the participants do the Middle to End, which doesn't start until 10.00am, even the fastest shouldn't be there before 1.00pm. The cyclists could create a problem as they use the roads, rather than the railway trail, which could impact the traffic.

Still, I think you should be fine if you're going back around noon. I'd ask the cab driver on the way down to Horseshoe for advice as to when to start back, and maybe even book him to come and pick you up, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the info. The timing is good to know!