O'Sheehans Chicken wing recipe

amscene1

I couldn't tell you but the Thai Chili are delicious. If you are worried about the sauce being too heavy, I always ask for the sauce one the side. I'm pretty sure the side sauce is blue cheese if that's what you mean though.

It's not Frank's red hot, that I know. It's a hot sauce mixed with something creamy like ranch or blue cheese.

The richness rich and creaminess may be due to the butter that gets added to Franks. That's the proper way to use Franks.

I would think if you added ranch or blue cheese to it, the flavor would change. Blue cheese can be overpowering. So are you saying its a consistency or texture thing or an actual flavor thing?

Just a guess. Believe it or not, Frank's is commonly used for "hot wings" or "buffalo wings" more than one would think.

It very well may not be Frank's but it can be some other restaurant grade buffalo sauce with butter being added.

Edited by Zena2005

The richness rich and creaminess may be due to the butter that gets added to Franks. That's the proper way to use Franks.

I would think if you added ranch or blue cheese to it, the flavor would change. Blue cheese can be overpowering. So are you saying its a consistency or texture thing or an actual flavor thing?

Just a guess. Believe it or not, Frank's is commonly used for "hot wings" or "buffalo wings" more than one would think.

It very well may not be Frank's but it can be some other restaurant grade buffalo sauce with butter being added.

I only make chicken wings with Frank's hot sauce & butter. That's THE way to make buffalo wings IMO. I don't know what that nasty sauce was on the buffalo wings on the NCL Star. I seriously questioned the wait staff as to whether or not I was served the right order of wings. It looked like congealed sauce on top, kind of like ketchup, very sweet. They tasted more like BBQ sauce gone wrong.

I only make chicken wings with Frank's hot sauce & butter. That's THE way to make buffalo wings IMO. I don't know what that nasty sauce was on the buffalo wings on the NCL Star. I seriously questioned the wait staff as to whether or not I was served the right order of wings. It looked like congealed sauce on top, kind of like ketchup, very sweet. They tasted more like BBQ sauce gone wrong.

There are a lot of different ways to make chicken wings or more specifically buffalo wings. The main components will be heat (spice) and fat. I would be rather surprised if NCL is using butter even on the ones people like at O'Sheehans with the new menu. My guess is some kind of oil or shortening, perhaps with some milk solids to give it a buttery mouth feel.

Now that is just NASTY! I sure hope not but will find out in Nov.

Fat is fat. How is taking an animal's mammary excretions, processing it to separate out the fat and then putting it on toast any better than taking a plant seed, crushing it and processing it to separate out the fat any better?

Ignoring differences in saturated fat, trans fat, etc., how is one really better than the other?

I agree with you, 90% of places do use Frank's, and I personally love it that way. I hate when I go to a place and try to use something else.

I know Frank's flavor and by chance if it is mixed with Frank's, it would have to be mixed with 2 or 3 different mixtures because I don't get the classic Frank's flavor.

And I know what ever it is, it is not buttered down hot sauce. It is more of a thickening texture so it very well may be a shortening, oil or starch mixed with a sauce.

What ever it is, it is by far my favorite wing second to none other than the famous durrty Harry's on 17th causeway (R.I.P.)