Empress or Carnival Triumph

I am also posting this on both boards to get a good opinion!

Hey guys!

This will be our 11th cruise, the past have been with NCL, Disney, Princess, and Celebrity. We are looking at 2 cruises, both 5 days, with the information below:

RCCL Empress: Miami - Cozumel-Cozumel-Miami

Carnival Triumph: Nola - Cozumel-Progresso- Nola

So obviously, the Triumph will be the larger ship, nearly double the size of the Empress, with more activities I'm sure of, as well as a new port in Progresso, and I would love to cruise out of Nola.

The perks of the Empress are I believe will be the size, with better service and food due to the size of the ship. I also love the idea of spending time 2 days in one port, and Cozumel there is a lot to do.

Would love to know your thoughts! I would eventually like to try both lines, and see what you think about both of these! Carnival is slightly cheaper, but pricing is not a problem.

Thanks guys!

We have been on both ships, Empress was our first cruise & we loved the ship, service & food! They just added it back to the fleet & renovated it, so I'm sure it's even better. Triumph is a bigger ship, service & food are usually a slight step down from RCCL in my opinion, but still a good cruise. I love cruising out of NOLA, sounds like you have a tough decision. Based on the lines you cruised before, I would say you'd probably enjoy RCCL more. Either way, hope you have a great time!!!

I am also posting this on both boards to get a good opinion!

Hey guys!

This will be our 11th cruise, the past have been with NCL, Disney, Princess, and Celebrity. We are looking at 2 cruises, both 5 days, with the information below:

RCCL Empress: Miami - Cozumel-Cozumel-Miami

Carnival Triumph: Nola - Cozumel-Progresso- Nola

So obviously, the Triumph will be the larger ship, nearly double the size of the Empress, with more activities I'm sure of, as well as a new port in Progresso, and I would love to cruise out of Nola.

The perks of the Empress are I believe will be the size, with better service and food due to the size of the ship. I also love the idea of spending time 2 days in one port, and Cozumel there is a lot to do.

Would love to know your thoughts! I would eventually like to try both lines, and see what you think about both of these! Carnival is slightly cheaper, but pricing is not a problem.

Thanks guys!

Until Empress actually sails under the banner of Royal again with all of the things that they plan to do under the refurb it is impossible for people to make a comparison for you.....at least that is my opinion. Anything at this point would be speculation.