NCL and the ugly bedspreads

cyrilee

On all our cruises we have been overjoyed to enter our rooms to see the same ugly mauve/blue bedspread. I'm curious, do the new ships have these same ugly bedspreads, or are they reserved for the older ships?

I agree that the bedspreads on the Spirit were less than attractive. Ours were blue and yellow, carnival stripe looking.

The fabric seemed to be very nice, and the colors were OK, but not together, in a four inch or so stripe.

I found that I liked the cabin much better without the bedspread at all; just using the duvet as a bedspread.

I surely do hope that they are being changed before the Spirit is relaunched into her new life. It would be a shame to still have this very dated look.

I also found the fake window picture above the bed rather tacky. A lighted panel, with draperies would have been much more pleasant. This would have made the room brighter and appear larger.

the Jewel not only has quite nice, but dark spreads they have those wonderful duvets. I don't care about the spreads so much. Yes, they were on sale at some huge outlet store I imagine. LOL

NMNita

Got to admit, I really couldn't care less about the spreads. I can't even tell you what the spread in my Dawm cabin looked like.:confused: As long as they look clean and in good repair it doesn't matter to me. Now the buffet spread is another story.:D

Bedspreads? That's the least of my concerns. As long as the bed is there, comfy, clean and made up for me everyday....I'm extremely happy. I only have to live with it for a week +....and after that I couldn't remember what the color or pattern was.

It's a cruise people.....a vacation!

Happy cruising!

Can someone tell me what it is called when you have a top sheet then another sheet with a blanket then sheet. I LOVE when a hotel does this. I cannot stand to sleep with their blankets next to me. Yuck....

Can I request this be done to our beds when on a cruise?? Thanks

Don't know what that's called, but you won't need to worry about anything like that on an NCL vessel, because they use a duvet! A duvet is sort of a pocket sheet - the blanket is tucked inside it and it's the coziest thing on the planet. Wish I could figure out where to buy one like the ones NCL uses, because we just LOVE those duvets! :D

We have only been on the older ships (Norway, Majesty, Wind, and Sea) and they all had the bedspreads that are shown in the above Majesty photo. Its nice to see the cheery ones of the newer ships - thanks for the pics!

The duvet I use at home is a 20tog goosefeather and down quilt...would like to take it with me on the ships but its 7ft square and extremely heavy...not exactly a good idea ;)

The ones they use on ships are usually polyester padded duvets, around 12tog.

The tog rating is the warmth rating, the amount of warmth/filling. 8tog is the lowest for summer use and 25tog is the heaviest for winter use, often called Alaska weight.

Much easier to look after too as you just remove the cotton quiltcover for washing. The fun starts in getting the damn thing back on though ;) the quilt invariably takes on a life of its own and you end up inside the cover and the quilt on the floor...:rolleyes:

Don't know what that's called, but you won't need to worry about anything like that on an NCL vessel, because they use a duvet! A duvet is sort of a pocket sheet - the blanket is tucked inside it and it's the coziest thing on the planet. Wish I could figure out where to buy one like the ones NCL uses, because we just LOVE those duvets! :D

Believe it or not someone did post the name of the manufacturer of the NCL duvets here. I even went to their website but could not find a US distributor. If I remember correctly it was a Swedish company.

It was a while ago might be worth a search but it could be lost in the old database.

OK, Shoreguy; would you please show everybody what the lovely inside cabins on the Spirit have on their beds.

They were different colors on different decks, and I must admit of some of the combinations, ours on deck 10 may have been the less offensive

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, but they really were something which I may have considered (only for a nano-second) for my three son's when they were under the age of 10!

I figure the ambience - colors, etc., contribute to the overall cruise experience. Perhaps that explains why we only spent the absolute minimum time in this cabin on our cruise.

Thanks,

SailAways :)

spt_strm_in2.jpg

SailAways

NCL took down the pictures from the Spirit. I bet they are updating with post drydock views. This thumbnail is all that remains;)

I think they got a deal on a circus tents and cut them up:D

another color choice - yipes stripes - again

spt_strm_balc.jpg

SailAways

NCL took down the pictures from the Spirit. I bet they are updating with post drydock views. This thumbnail is all that remains;)

I think they got a deal on a circus tents and cut them up:

another color choice - yipes stripes - again

Thanks so much, and I do hope that everyone now understands my slight grumble! Only that, because the cruise was fantastic......I do agree, circus tents! Ours was the first, smaller pic. Yikes!! Thanks again,

Can someone tell me what it is called when you have a top sheet then another sheet with a blanket then sheet. I LOVE when a hotel does this. I cannot stand to sleep with their blankets next to me. Yuck....

Can I request this be done to our beds when on a cruise?? Thanks

It's called...Triple Sheets...

Archived