Help! Leaving in 5 hours - Baggage Question

We are taking the Norwegian Gem. There is two of us and we packed one bag. I just read that each person can have 2 personal luggage but can't be over 50 lbs.

Our bag is defiantly larger than 50 lbs.- do we need another bag or can the one bag be 100 lbs ( 50 lbs each and the 2 of us)

Please let me know if you know the rules for the baggage!

Thank you so much

The official policy is 2 bags @ 50 lbs. However, no one has ever reported being prevented from taking more than 2 bags. There really is no way for a cruise line to monitor the number of bags being checked curbside. That said, please try to keep the weight under 50 lbs for the sake of the porters' health. Note: this is per person, which means you're allowed 4 bags, but you can definitely take more.

Edited by johnql

Thank you for your help!!

This is what is posted on the website.

How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions.

Yea, that's what i'm wondering about. Am I allowed to have over 50lbs if is for two people? or no matter what each piece of luggage can't be more than 50 lbs

Each piece should not exceed 50 lbs.

Yea, that's what i'm wondering about. Am I allowed to have over 50lbs if is for two people? or no matter what each piece of luggage can't be more than 50 lbs

I guess you are driving to the port with a bag that is that heavy.:p

I can't imagine lifting a 100 pound bag. Ours is usually around 45 and it's a strain lifting that.

Porter better wear two back braces when your bag gets there.:eek:

Bill

Thank you for your help!!

This is what is posted on the website.

How many suitcases can I bring?

Each person is allowed up to two pieces of personal luggage on board, with each piece weighing a maximum of 50 pounds. However, if passengers are traveling by air, they need to check with the airline for specific restrictions.

I'm not sure how they can make that any clearer. :confused: