1st Time on Celebrity

mtaylor04

Was it the particular itinerary, the price, a special bonus a travel agency was giving, the timing fit your schedule best, or was it because of what you've heard cruise critic say about it?

Where are you going and how long will the cruise be?

Edith & I have made 6 "X" cruises. We have pretty comprehensive, and we think objective and honest reviews of them all; 2 Infinity, 2 Galaxy, 1 Mercury and 1 Millennium; on a site called http://www.cruisereviews.com If you open that site and click on Celebrity, you can go to each ship and the reviews will be under my name; Philip M. Haggerty. You will see that we enjoyed them all, and when compared to our reviews of Princess. HAL, NCL, RCCL and Carnival; rated Celebrity the best. [We also loved Oceania's Insignia, but at 675 passengers, this ship simply provides a different type of cruise]

The Berlitz Cruising Guide also rates X as the best of the major cruise lines.

We suggest that you sign up for "Cruise Connections" on the Celebrity site. If 25 people or more sign up, the line throws a small party for the Connection Members on the first sea day. You should also check the "Roll Call" site here to establish contact with fellow passengers.

No cruise or cruise line is perfect, but Celebrity does most things as well as and many better than the others. The food is particularly good, as is the dining room service. The ships are fairly roomy and not too rushed. We have always been fortunate in our table companions, and we particularly enjoyed the sea days on the X ships. Relax and enjoy, because X will make it easy for you to do so.

My daughters and I just booked our 1st Celebrity Cruise for March 20, 2006. We have only sailed Princess before but I am excited about trying a new cruise line.

Welcome To Celebrity !

mtaylor: I was just like you. Have always sailed Princess and still do but just this year we took our first Celebrity cruise to Alaska and thoroughly enjoyed it. In my opinion Princess has some good things and so does Celebrity. it is really great to have choices isn't it. I am still going to sail Princess as I have one booked next May but I also have one booked on Celebrity for next Oct. So enjoy Celebrity and Princess. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

Thanks for the welcome everyone. We choose this particular sailing because my girls and I wanted to take a girls cruise during spring break that was inexpensive because we have already booked a princess cruise for June with the men included.

We are sailing on the Zenith March 20th leaving Miami stopping at Key West, Grand Cayman and Jamica.

I hate Jamica personally because I don't like the fact that you can't take a step without someone asking for money. However, that will not stop us from enjoying our cruise.

In addition, I have heard good things about Celebrity on Cruise Critic and wanted to give the line a chance. We are very excited about this trip.

Hi and welcome!

My husband and I have sailed the Century (Western), Princess (Eastern), and we are taking our four children (3 newly adopted, ages 7-9) and in-laws on Celebrity Zenith (5 day Western) the end of March also. We personally prefer Celebrity. The size of the ships, the casual elegance, the decor, the PHENOMENAL service and food are remarkable. For us, Princess couldn't compare in any area. I don't think you'll be disappointed!!! There's plenty to do, lots of relaxation, fabulous natural beauty, pampering maximus, no cleaning, no cooking, a time to dress up, and lots of sun and sand. Gosh, I wish I could leave tomorrow! March feels so far away.

Karen in Kentucky

Welcome to X and to small ship cruising.

Zenith will be much smaller and older of a ship than the ones you have previously cruised. So, there won't be as many special areas or entertainment options for your girls, but if you think you will like a more intimate cruise, with a ship that is super easy to get around, and a staff that is fantastic, then this is the cruise for you.

even Platinum level with the free Net access couldn't keep me with them. Suites no longer have butlers, robes can take 4 days to show & no slippers for Platinum anymore with the balconies cutting our feet. Then rudeness of Pursers people was the needle in the haystack to get us to leave. Carnival killed a great cruiseline! After we found $400 in cruise deposits that we never used, confirmed by our TA. She calls to have us refunded & we get a call telling us that was 3 years ago. Excuse me, you state if not used in 4 years it is refunded, so refund it a year earlier. They still said NO. So AMEX charged them back with an instant credit to us.

Then we moved to "X" and are family every since, tho we do cruise RCCL also with FOX Oct '06, but that isn't jumping ship since it is the same company that we are stockholders of.

Don't get to worried about some of the things that are "hot" topics here on the boards.

I once asked the question on this board: "Are you as neurotic on the ship as you are on the boards." Resoungingly, everyone said, no they just relax, have no worries and enjoy thier vacation.

We really enjoyed the poeople we met on our last cruise, as well as the staff of the ship. Overall it was a great experience.

To Mtaylor

Not good to say you hate Jamaica. These people are trying to make a living. A polite no will suffice. Next time, get out of the tourist areas and experience the people. Spreading the word hate is not ok. These are beautiful people trying to make a life. Jamaica says- "Out of Many- one people"- including you so don't hate. Love the culture. Spread the love.

Archived