Boarding procedure

Spanieleyes

Could anyone please advise me on the boarding procedure, when the ship isn't leaving port on the same day? We are booked on the S E Asia Immersion Cruise in 2017 (Millennium) and board in Hong Kong on the Saturday, and do not leave port until Sunday evening. We have cruised several times before, but have always left port on the same day. Are passengers allocated boarding times? When can you leave the ship again to carry on sightseeing? When do they do the mustering?

I suppose what I'm really wondering is, if you get much quality time on the Saturday to go back into HK, or whether it's best to just enjoy the ship.

Thanks for any info.

I would board at the first boarding time, have a quick bite to eat and then go back into town. Muster on a cruise we took was about an hour before we left port. no idea what they will do in HK. I certainly would spend my time in HK and not on the ship. Plenty of time for that later.

And yes, Celebrity will allocate a boarding time. feel free to get on ASAP. They will not turn you away. Just get rid of your luggage and enjoy. You can come and go with your picture ID and SeaPass after checking in.

Alternatively, if you are arriving a day or so before and staying in a hotel, check out and leave the luggage with them until you are ready to head for the ship for the evening. Unless you are heading back into town in the evening, you only need to make the journey once. We found this was the best approach when we had an overnight in Venice.

Must will take place on the Sunday after all passengers are on board.

We've done two cruises in which the ship overnighted at the embarkation port. On both occasions we just boarded about noonish, had to wait until about 1:30 PM or so until the staterooms were ready, then went to the stateroom to stash our valuables in the stateroom safe. We then left the ship and didn't return until later that evening. The next day we left again for the day and then returned about an hour or so before the sail time. The muster drills were held just before departure.